What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Any suggestions on crime dramas ?
Im upto date on blacklist, lucifer
Finished Bones, sherlock, lurther, Burn Notice, dexter

Going to catch up with House MD (only watched it up season 5)

tried the first 2 episodes of castle thought it was boring
The Mentalist - watched 4 episodes so far it ok, nothing to talk about

Going to give NCIS a go

Any other suggestions are welcome

I really liked 'New Girl' and I'm sure others will agree 'Community' is amazing, both on Netflix now.
I watched the first season of New girl on and off in the past.
Community watch I watched it all hated the last season.
I quite enjoyed the first season of Wynnona Earp, a supernatural western. Haven't watched seasons 2 or 3 though.
Never heard of it but ill check it out.
For supernatural/horror shows, Haunting Of Hill House was better than any horror movie/show for a very long time, no reliance on cheap jump scares, consistent story telling and characters that act like actual people.
Thanks ill check it out.

Not so much in the vein of the comedies you've listed but the likes of Californication, House of Lies and Silicon Valley are 3 of my absolute favourites from the last 15 years. Californication would be in my top 10 shows of all time.

If you want to mix the two, Ash vs Evil Dead is loads of fun and What We Do In The Shadows is great too, funnier than the movie.
I watched the first episode of Californication years ago never really found it funny but if iot gets better ill give it another try. the other to ive never seen so ill add them to my try list.

American Horror Story. Modern Family, Space Force.
I watched the first season, half of the 2nd and bit of the resat but ive never been able to get back into it.

Ive been trying to watch modern family, ive got upto the 2nd episode

Preacher (on Prime)
Happy (Netflix)

Violence, supernatural, funny.
Preacher im upto date
Happy never heard of it.

Soldato
I watched the first episode of Californication years ago never really found it funny but if iot gets better ill give it another try. the other to ive never seen so ill add them to my try list.

Californication isn't an out and out comedy, a little more refined that typical canned laughter TV shows, same for House Of Lies and Silicon Valley. I'd say if you're not liking it 4/5 episodes in, it won't be for you though. Definitely give it another try, I really can't recommend it enough.

Soldato
Just finished Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes on iPlayer, compelling stuff. Great soundtrack and some fantastic performances, had to re-watch the ending though :D

Is this your first time watching it?

I mentioned a few days back I finished s1 of LoM and feel no desire to go back and continue S2 or go onto Ashes to Ashes. It's in no way bad, it's just a bit rinse/repeat and only really Gene that kept me watching to the end of S1.

Is there a decent pay off at the end of S2?

Associate
Is this your first time watching it?

I mentioned a few days back I finished s1 of LoM and feel no desire to go back and continue S2 or go onto Ashes to Ashes. It's in no way bad, it's just a bit rinse/repeat and only really Gene that kept me watching to the end of S1.

Is there a decent pay off at the end of S2?

I recall it being on when it first aired but never watched it so yea it was my first time.

My main gripe would be how predictable the plot twists became it was almost cliche not sure if this was intentional or a perhaps it's not aged well in that regard. I agree Gene is the major draw, if you can bare the rest of the show his character is more featured and delved into a lot more in Ashes to Ashes, I'd argue he's the main character come the finale.

S2 ending I mean it finishes it off nicely but there's not much of payout, ultimately the big finale is really the end of Ashes to ashes. 60 minute eps take their toll though

Soldato
I recall it being on when it first aired but never watched it so yea it was my first time.

My main gripe would be how predictable the plot twists became it was almost cliche not sure if this was intentional or a perhaps it's not aged well in that regard. I agree Gene is the major draw, if you can bare the rest of the show his character is more featured and delved into a lot more in Ashes to Ashes, I'd argue he's the main character come the finale.

S2 ending I mean it finishes it off nicely but there's not much of payout, ultimately the big finale is really the end of Ashes to ashes. 60 minute eps take their toll though

I'm torn now, I'm a completionist and hate leaving shows unfinished.

You've hit the nail on the head though, it's the predictability that's the turn off for me.

Maybe I'll just go through it an episode or two a week along with Ashes to Ashes.

Soldato
Had anybody watched the Lincoln Rhymes series on sky? Wondering if it's any good.

I started unsolved mysteries on Netflix last night, each episode is a different story. Only watched first episode which was sad but really does make you wonder what goes on behind closed doors i.e. close friends and police force etc.

Soldato
Californication isn't an out and out comedy, a little more refined that typical canned laughter TV shows, same for House Of Lies and Silicon Valley. I'd say if you're not liking it 4/5 episodes in, it won't be for you though. Definitely give it another try, I really can't recommend it enough.

I thought it was a good show. Lots nice boobs as well.

Associate
Just finished Upright. An Australian road-trip, comedy-drama with Tim Minchin. He usually annoys me but he's got some acting chops. Now halfway through War of the Worlds - the 2019 one with Gabriel Byrne. Finding it pretty gripping and surprisingly scary!

Associate
Twin Peaks S2:E5

Yes, it's slow by today's standards, but the atmosphere, characters, and general "WTF" moments still hold up really well. I'm looking forward to seeing Season 3 for the first time.

qokGacN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom