Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Leclerc's lap in 2019 - 1:03.003
Leclerc's lap in 2020 - 1:03.923

While some cars improved times, some dramatically, ALL Ferrari-engined cars lost time over their equivalent laps last year.

This is to the nearest tenth (I haven't bothered rounding as it wouldn't make any meaningful difference).

Leclerc +0.9 (Q3)
Vettel +0.6 (Q2)
Magnussen +0.4 (Q1)
Grosjean +0.2 (Q2)
Raikkonen +0.6 (Q1)
Giovinazzi +0.7 (Q1)

Just to note too that if Hamilton is punished for going quickly through a yellow flag then he will likely start tenth, not second. I'm pretty certain his first lap in Q3 was outside track limits (all four wheels over the red and white kerb). His second was just clinging onto track limits. That said I've seen no indication that he did anything wrong as I haven't seen any mini-sectors.

Soldato
We're back! :cool::cool:

Some surprising results today. The field is nicely jumbled up, and Williams almost made it into Q2!

Fingers crossed we're going to get a good season. It's exciting to see what Red Bull can offer

Soldato
I've just watched the qualifying highlights

and it seems to me that on the last corner in particular - but also others (e.g. Vettel turn 1) - many cars were exceeding the track limits yet their laps were counted.

Soldato
I've just watched the qualifying highlights

and it seems to me that on the last corner in particular - but also others (e.g. Vettel turn 1) - many cars were exceeding the track limits yet their laps were counted.

The limits here are effectively 'as long as you're just about on the red and white kerb', rather than the white lines

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ferrari never had good aero

Absolutely correct.

I mean, apart from the times that they had the best aero in the 2000s.

But apart from that, absolutely correct.

Love seeing Ferrari struggle

Enjoy it while it lasts :p Probably won't be this year, might not even be next year, but one thing you can be sure of is that Ferrari will get back to the top.

Soldato
Absolutely correct.

Enjoy it while it lasts :p Probably won't be this year, might not even be next year, but one thing you can be sure of is that Ferrari will get back to the top.

I’m pretty sure people would have said the same about Williams 20+ years ago. Though I don’t think Ferrari will be that bad, it could take them a number of years to claw back to the front.

Looking at FP times, we knew Ferrari were going to be off the pace but I was surprised how much.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I’m pretty sure people would have said the same about Williams 20+ years ago. Though I don’t think Ferrari will be that bad, it could take them a number of years to claw back to the front.

Ferrari have done it before, suffering some bloody lean times before coming good. It wasn't a great deal of fun being a Ferrari fan in the early '90s - the occasional glorious moment, but an awful lot of wrong turns taken.

Williams have had rather less money to throw at the job. They're also still hung up on doing stuff a certain way because that's how they always did it. Even though it doesn't work any longer.

Caporegime
Absolutely correct.

I was talking recent seasons where they've relied mainly on straight line speed to be competitive and nobody else could touch them in top speed, if you can blast past everyone on the straights then even if you corner like the Titanic you can still keep people behind you and even if they pass you on the corner which is difficult you can just blast past them on the next straight. It's obvious that Ferrari's engine "optimisations" have led to them neglecting aero, now their engine is like everyone elses and they're the master of none.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom