Best budget case with decent cooling

Soldato
My brother is looking for a new budget case that has semi decent thermals for the money.
His budget is set at around £50 but I'm sure I could nudge him £10-£15 more.

He would like to have some RGB on it and glass panel would be preferred.

Any suggestions? Anyone had any dealing with something like the Game max Eclipse?

Edit to add: ATX board so mid-tower

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If he's able to stretch that extra £15 you could recommend the Phanteks P400 Air @ £65...

I'm guessing it's ATX, if its ATX I do like the look of the new Lian Li 205 case aswell

I also suggested the P400A to him. He was probably looking for something more flashy lighty I guess.

It is an ATX board. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Soldato
I also suggested the P400A to him. He was probably looking for something more flashy lighty I guess.

It is an ATX board. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Ahhh I see.. How about the Kolink Bastion RGB... I had the Kolink Citadel MATX and was actually impressed with it, Kolink get some stick for their PSU's but the cases I've had have been alright tbh

Soldato
OP
Ahhh I see.. How about the Kolink Bastion RGB... I had the Kolink Citadel MATX and was actually impressed with it, Kolink get some stick for their PSU's but the cases I've had have been alright tbh

I'll pass them on to him and see what he thinks, if I were him, I would buy the P400A easily. It gets a good write up anyway and see it recommended all the time.

Soldato
I'll pass them on to him and see what he thinks, if I were him, I would buy the P400A easily. It gets a good write up anyway and see it recommended all the time.

Yeah great case for airflow, he could always add some RGB bits after tbh..

I've had a couple of Phanteks cases and the quality is pretty top notch tbh, plenty of space and cable routes

Soldato
OP
I think he is looking at the Kolink Observatory case but trying to at least get him to get the one with the mesh front over the glass front.

Soldato
OP
I tried explaining the importance of it and why he would need it. He went and bought the one with a glass front then ordered a top down CPU cooler to replace a new tower cooler mainly for RGB. I've just left him to it now.

Soldato
I tried explaining the importance of it and why he would need it. He went and bought the one with a glass front then ordered a top down CPU cooler to replace a new tower cooler mainly for RGB. I've just left him to it now.

I do wonder you know. Spend hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on a device, that can show you worlds of imagination, with amazing generated imagery, wonderful stories and artificial intelligence. Then cripple it because you want to look at the pretty flashing lights...

Could he just hang some christmas tree lights in his room, and not bother with the computer :D.

Soldato
OP
I do wonder you know. Spend hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on a device, that can show you worlds of imagination, with amazing generated imagery, wonderful stories and artificial intelligence. Then cripple it because you want to look at the pretty flashing lights...

Could he just hang some christmas tree lights in his room, and not bother with the computer :D.

I'm sure he will figure it all out himself. He is after an AIO cooler now but holding off to save a bit if cash.
If it were me, I would just keep the tower cooler he has as its working as intended.

Back
Top Bottom