• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[NVIDIA] What brand has the best GPU?

Soldato
had 4 gigabyte cards across multiple series & amd and nvidia none of them were good coolers my 1080ti often hits 83c with cse open and 2x120MM belowing into them with cool air

I have to agree with that not a great solution seem to have cheaped out on parts too.

Best coolers I've had have been MSI Twin Frozr design cool quiet well made I've had two and I miss them.

Associate
had 4 gigabyte cards across multiple series & amd and nvidia none of them were good coolers my 1080ti often hits 83c with cse open and 2x120MM belowing into them with cool air

I'm on my first gigabyte card, went for the cheapest triple cooler one (2070s windforce x3) and was pleasantly surprised how cool and quiet it is.

Soldato
OP
I'm on my first gigabyte card, went for the cheapest triple cooler one (2070s windforce x3) and was pleasantly surprised how cool and quiet it is.
had
1080ti

all been bad coolers in terms of noise to temperture

heck my 7990s had to returned twice as they had memory issues gigabyte sent the same card back. it was only when ocuk stepped in they gave me my full money back & bought 2 x 980s in replace of the 7990. (they was gigabyte too) but stock cooler soo... cant compare

Soldato
In the last generations I've used Zotac, Gigabyte, EVGA and MSI. Had to send the GPU to Germany for EVGA RMA which wasn't good.

Some things that I take into account:

UK-based RMA
Good turnaround time
Does removing the cooler void the warranty? Important for watercooling.

Caporegime
In my experience overall I would say Gigabyte, however, I've largely used their cards over the last few GPUs.

*Just remembered, I had an Asus 7970 for my previous card and that was great, however, I haven't tried to RMA one of their cards yet.

I should also note that it was a matrix 7970 card so I guess I'm not surprised at the good quality, as it was meant to be one of their flagship models.

I probably wouldn't have bought it, though, had it not been on offer.

I've also had good experiences with the build quality of Powercolor and Sapphire (also haven't needed to RMA).

Last edited:
Soldato
Zotac hands down.

Excellent customer service and generally well built cards, the longest warranty I'm aware of for graphics cards at 5 years too.

I wouldn't touch anything from Asus with a ten foot pole, horrendous customer support and the premium you pay for their better products isn't worth it.

Associate
I have always found MSI to be very good, but the only issue is, that you need to send the card to Poland for RMA, which if under 2kg, can be sent via Royal mail International tracked and traced service, which is not that expensive.

Soldato
Didn't OCUK step in with an arrangement for Asus RMA's at one point because even they knew it was a terrible service that OCUK customers were getting...have they since stopped offering the service?

Associate
Didn't OCUK step in with an arrangement for Asus RMA's at one point because even they knew it was a terrible service that OCUK customers were getting...have they since stopped offering the service?

Yeah the advanced RMA service I think it was where a replacement was sent immediately? To be honest, I dont know why they all dont do this, Seasonic did on my PSU, I just paid a refundable amount and they sent a new unit which arrived next day.

C64

C64

Soldato
liking the asus duo rtx 2060 super, not even installed msi afterburner no need, the auto stuff is maxing at 60c 40% fan
one thing I hate though is the rgb going to stick some electrical tape over the light so i dont have to install rgb software

Associate
ooo difficult question. Tried many brands, Hercules, ATI, HIS, VTX, Sparkle, MSI, Asus, Zotac, Sapphire, BFG, Leadtek, Palit, Inno3d, XFX, powercolor, think i may of tried Gigabyte at some stage but not positive. Strangely never tried EVGA, thats pretty much only one i think i havent tried o and PNY and Club.

I have fond memories of BFG because it was the only card i had to RMA and they replaced it in matter of days. Excellent service.
MSI seems a good mix of price/performance
Currently on a ZOTAC GTX980ti omega, BEAST of a card cooler :) 5 year warranty, cant argue...assuming they are good at replacement
Enjoyed my ASUS cards but only when they have been sensibly priced.
Only time i tried PALIT it was DOA (think it was a known problem that a bad batch went out as the shop i bought it from had many returns, so not best experience with that brand as had it replaced by a different brand)
Think the only XFX card i got was a terrible clocker.

Im waffling and boring myself, to sum up, id probably stick with Zotac or MSI for time been.

C64

C64

Soldato
Asus duo rtx 2060 super, peak in warzone
1965.0mhz , 1750.2mhz , 62.0 c , 44 % fan ,1578rpm
Case silverstone raven rv03

probably shave a few c off that when its not so humid

I have no need for msi afterburner I cant even hear the card, very satisfied (until I have to rma I guess sods law lol)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have no need for msi afterburner I cant even hear the card, very satisfied (until I have to rma I guess sods law lol)

That's the crux.

Asus have some very nice cards, but so do other brands like Gigabyte, Zotac, EvGA etc. The difference is with those three, you can expect damn good customer support if things go to hell.

Back
Top Bottom