Refund to my Credit Card in error but now requesting the funds via Bank Transfer *Resolved Now*

Soldato
OP
Digital river are horrendous. I bought some Sennheiser Momentum Wireless from them when they were released (2nd gen, over ear) and they charged me for two pairs, and sent both.

I tried to get a return setup for weeks, but they never responded to emails/calls. Contacted PayPal after a month, who opened a case against them. After 14 days of no responses, I got a refund for a single pair, and digital river never contacted me about getting them back.

From then I decided to not buy from anyone that used them as a distributor.

Interesting and not surprising in all honesty given my early experience with them throughout all of this.

Anyways as a bit of an update they got back to me with a very short email.

"We are contacting you in relation to order: XXXXXXXXXXX. We have been advised by the relevant team that the only way to repay is via wire transfer.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter."

I've went back to re-iterate my stance that I will not pay them via wire transfer and they will need to resolve this themselves given their error.

I did engage with Consumer Advice today to look for some other advice if there was anything they could offer, nothing of value as they seen it as quite a unique but acknowledged it was extremely strange that a large company would ask for the funds this way and have referred it to Trading Standards to look into and I may well hear from them in the coming days in respect of this.

That's all I'll be doing now though, will just see what actions they take/attempt to take to get the funds or simply give up. Will post further updates on how this one progresses if anything significant happens or a solution is found to suit both parties.

Soldato
Interesting and not surprising in all honesty given my early experience with them throughout all of this.

Anyways as a bit of an update they got back to me with a very short email.

"We are contacting you in relation to order: XXXXXXXXXXX. We have been advised by the relevant team that the only way to repay is via wire transfer.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter."

I've went back to re-iterate my stance that I will not pay them via wire transfer and they will need to resolve this themselves given their error.

I did engage with Consumer Advice today to look for some other advice if there was anything they could offer, nothing of value as they seen it as quite a unique but acknowledged it was extremely strange that a large company would ask for the funds this way and have referred it to Trading Standards to look into and I may well hear from them in the coming days in respect of this.

That's all I'll be doing now though, will just see what actions they take/attempt to take to get the funds or simply give up. Will post further updates on how this one progresses if anything significant happens or a solution is found to suit both parties.

Awfully strange. In your position, I would likely say to them that you won’t be sending it as a wire transfer, end of story. It’s then up to them to do anything about it, and I’m fairly confident they wouldn’t.

Even if they did, a judge would look at the situation and see that the mistake is theirs, and it would be unlikely that you’d get charged court fees. You’re not being unreasonable here - they are :)

Stick to your guns and don’t let them bully you

Caporegime
Digital river are horrendous. I bought some Sennheiser Momentum Wireless from them when they were released (2nd gen, over ear) and they charged me for two pairs, and sent both.

I tried to get a return setup for weeks, but they never responded to emails/calls. Contacted PayPal after a month, who opened a case against them. After 14 days of no responses, I got a refund for a single pair, and digital river never contacted me about getting them back.

From then I decided to not buy from anyone that used them as a distributor.

They sent me two pairs and only charged me for one pair :)

Permabanned
Sounds like a scam, forget about paying them. Tell them to contact their finance company. You also want to say why you don't want to send wire transfer, as it is insecure.

Soldato
Have they sent you the account details? You can find out what sort of account it is? Could be a really cheeky scammer/employee. Issue a "mistaken" refund, then try and get the money sent back directly to you the employee...

Soldato
They screwed up it’s up to them to take it up with the card issuer and not you. Very dodgy of them to ask for a wire transfer tbh. Don’t do anything other than leave the funds on your credit card and let them sort it out.

Soldato
OP
Hi all,

Just thought I would provide an update as to what's happened. I had offered a return if they organised to resolve the issue which went with no response for the past 11 days but this evening I have received some nice news.

Due to the error on our side, we were advised by the relevant team that you may keep the product and no need to make another payment.

Please consider this case as closed.

We appreciate your understanding and patience regarding on this matter.

Free RTX 2080ti in the end :D

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Just thought I would provide an update as to what's happened. I had offered a return if they organised to resolve the issue which went with no response for the past 11 days but this evening I have received some nice news.

Free RTX 2080ti in the end :D
"From the relevant team" sounds very scammy to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom