Refund to my Credit Card in error but now requesting the funds via Bank Transfer *Resolved Now*

Soldato
I'm surprised they didn't slip in a "do the needful" when it came to the wire transfer.

A fantastic result though!

Haha I love some of the language they use, it's so quirky.

You ever watch Kitboga on youtube? he does a lot of scambaiting, there are some recurring themes in the langauge the scammers use.

"Behind the bars" is one of my personal favs.

Soldato
OP
"From the relevant team" sounds very scammy to be honest.

As I've maintained throughout Hades while on face value alone it seems quite a scammy situation all contact details etc have been correct. Spoke to various agents on the official call who confirmed the genuine error and mistake and it can be seen from how the payment was originally made and refund received. It's been multiple agents picking up the case as time's went on also, from speaking to them they certainly weren't UK based at all and certainly outsourced/foreign contact centre agents.

Either way I've had a full refund and a free 2080ti at the end of the day so I certainly can't complain. Definitely appreciate the advice etc that's been issued throughout the thread and definitely made me feel a lot more at ease in terms of the position I took throughout.

Soldato
Lucky result. Does all seem a bit suspect that they can write off quite a value.

Sounds like the customer service team haven't got a clue what they're doing. I purchased a watch for my dad from Amazon many years ago (iirc i think it was a black Friday bargain), the first one i think had got lost during delivery (can't remember the exact circumstances) so they sent out another one. Lo and behold the first one did turn up, so Amazon had requested return of the item. I actually quite liked the watch, so offered to purchase it at the same BF cost. All Amazon had to do was perform a retrospective charge on the card again. So it definitely can be done.

Soldato
Relevant team sounds like something I'd include in some of my support answers. We're only a few people, but you don't want customers knowing just how much you can do. I'm just customer support, I'll pass it onto the finance team to refund (I'm also 50% of the finance team), let me send it to the tech department (mostly not me, but some stuff). I'll get that to the editorial team to check (that's me too).

Life becomes a lot easier when people can only talk to the Support, and not directly to the person doing the job. Sure, some customers would be fine, others would never stop contacting me over the most banal things.

Back
Top Bottom