• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
"It appears that currently, the best RTX 3080 variant is … NVIDIA Founders Edition"

Same with 1000 series clock per clock higher scores.

I and many tried the 3rd party OC Bioses with 20-40% extra Power when I had a 1080Ti and had lower score at same core and no gain to core OC.

So just left it alone and 2100mhz all day long in Heaven/Valley (yes full fan but its a benchmark so do not really care about noise).
Same here mate on my Titan under water 2100 and no matter what i do does not work well pass 2100mhz but its on that clock 100% time with 42-45c maximum after mining for few days straight :D Gaming does not heat it up that much.

Associate
So once again some forum comments are pushing the price up with a concerted and especially invented scarcity? I thought going with Samsung on a worse process with higher yields and higher power draw meant demand could be met? I thought OCUK said supply was good?
Moot points anyway as clearly segmentation and FUD means you'd be stupid to go for the ones with less vram at launch.

Soldato
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
So once again some forum comments are pushing the price up with a concerted and especially invented scarcity? I thought going with Samsung on a worse process with higher yields and higher power draw meant demand could be met? I thought OCUK said supply was good?
Moot points anyway as clearly segmentation and FUD means you'd be stupid to go for the ones with less vram at launch.

I think those of us who are not itching to give over our money are wise enough to see firstly how they really perform, what stock is actually like, and if wind picks up of an inbound Ti/Super follow up with just better value. If there is a genuine shortage its going to be bad if the prices creep up and ruin the prospect of having a reasonable priced card.

Associate
I think those of us who are not itching to give over our money are wise enough to see firstly how they really perform, what stock is actually like, and if wind picks up of an inbound Ti/Super follow up with just better value. If there is a genuine shortage its going to be bad if the prices creep up and ruin the prospect of having a reasonable priced card.
That's the thing, I'm a first generation customer of nVidia who expected the state of the art for the same relative cost as the first GPU, that's around the price of the 3070 but it's not the state of the art. A 256bit bus 21 years later is not progress IMHO, especially when there's 384/512 variants...

Soldato
Hope amd do a ryzen on big navi

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hope amd do a ryzen on big navi

Seriously the more the days tick by the more I am convinced tbh. Something got this ***** up Jensen as theres no way he would go backwards with power efficiency AND bring down costs - no fricking way. I smell navi gpus will be pushing well against the 3070/3080 out of the gate. If they announce a 3090 contender then its gonna be a good end of year for enthusiasts looking to grab a next gen card.

Soldato

That's just the Chinese leaks from a few days ago put into nice graphs.

couple take away a

1) Lol at buying these cards for 1080p gaming, you can see how the 3080 is a waste of money for 1080 as no cpu can keep up with it so it's money down the drown.

2) The relationship between benchmark and game performance is inverse to Turing. Is this even possible? But that's what those benchmarks are showing.

Let me explain some more.

With the 2080ti we saw a massive increase in benchmark scores in Timespy and Firestrike compared to the 1080ti but only mild improvements in games. With the 3080 we only see mild increase in Timespy and Firestrike compared to the 2080ti but a significant improvement in games.

is that possible or are these leaks fake?

Permabanned
Leaked GeForce RTX 3080 Benchmarks Surfaced

Below is a summary of the leaked RTX 3080 benchmark results from the video above:

3DMark Fire Strike Performance = 31919, that is +25% 2080Ti, or +43% 2080S.

3DMark Fire Strike Extreme = 20101, that is +24% 2080Ti, or +45% 2080S.

3DMark Fire Strike Ultra = 11049, that is +36% 2080Ti, or +64% 2080S.

3DMark Fire Strike Time Spy = 17428, that is +28% 2080Ti, or +49% 2080S.

3DMark Fire Strike Time Spy Extreme = 8548, that is +38% 2080Ti, or +59% 2080S.

3DMark Fire Strike Port Royal = 11455, that is +45% 2080Ti, or +64% 2080S.

geforce-rtx-3080-3dmark-benchmark-results-leaked-768x432.jpg

https://thepcenthusiast.com/leaked-geforce-rtx-3080-benchmarks-surfaced/

Associate
God yeah and it'll be hilarious if all of those 2080TI's that have been sold cheap... there could be a lot of cheesed off 280ti owners... I reckon right now, some people are having second thoughts and may well take thei 2080TI's off fleeeebay
lol no one who bought a 2080ti would buy a 3070 - it is a completely different market.

Soldato
Going from a 2080 this 3080 is going to be quite a bump in performance for me. Its going to be near 50-60% increase which is great for my 1440p ultrawide 144hz. Still, going to wait for actual confirmed benchmarks but its looking good either way.

Back
Top Bottom