Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Green on one, red on the other, the green outweighs the red which is always good...

All my stocks are still down from the last week. The only two that are close are Snap at -1% on the week and Microsoft also around the -1% figure.

Need a good few days yet, and a huge US election result with no controversy. Just can't see Trump going peacefully though.

Soldato
Need a good few days yet, and a huge US election result with no controversy. Just can't see Trump going peacefully though.

Looks like it's going to be very close, so will likely drag on with recounts etc being applied for by both sides.

I was reading last night that it could theoretically drag on until 14th January, that wouldn't do the markets any good at all.

OcUK Staff
Took my profits from NIO today at $38.50 :)
Gonna hold CRSR as think it will be in $30 region next week.

Showed Pinterest to Mrs night before they posted results saying think I’m gonna buy some, totally forgot and next day they were $25 plus up and I did exactly same with SNAP spotted it and then forgot to buy lol.

NIO done me well and fingers crossed CRSR rewards me too. :)

Soldato
Might drop a bit on CRSR, looked at them yesterday after you mentioned it, I'm trying to drop in and out of things daily at the mo on 212, got my free share (£8, linked from a mate at work) and stuck £50 in there to play with, up to £70 so far from this time last week...

Soldato
Took my profits from NIO today at $38.50 :)
Gonna hold CRSR as think it will be in $30 region next week.

Showed Pinterest to Mrs night before they posted results saying think I’m gonna buy some, totally forgot and next day they were $25 plus up and I did exactly same with SNAP spotted it and then forgot to buy lol.

NIO done me well and fingers crossed CRSR rewards me too. :)

Nicely Done, I got in at $36.35. Hoping for $41/42 today and will pull out for the inevitable fade they seem to have.

Also got into XPEV at $26.35.

Out of interest, what blogs/sites do you guys keep an eye on, for example where did you hear about NIO? I've been 100% Tesla in and out for the past 6 months but need to find more upcoming stocks to keep an eye on. Mad to think £5k on Nio at the start of June would be worth £50k today.

Soldato
I predict all time highs if Biden wins

also all time highs if Trump wins

also all time highs if America starts a civil war over this election

but turmoil in the markets when a viable vaccine for covid is released, that seems to be the logic of the markets at the moment right bad news = green, good news = red

Associate
There is a good possibility of having a split government. With the Dems holding the house, and the Republicans holding the senate. That's probably worst case scenario for the market right now. I'm currently holding off on US, long China.

Soldato
Split is good for stocks, you dont want agreement and excessive government new red tape screwing up business just as its recovering.

Whys RR down today, is that election related or just a lull post rights
If Biden wins Gold is gonna go to $2000
I dont see theres much difference between them in fiscal deficits etc. Gold already got 2k, I wont be that impressed until its moving like Bitcoin pricing. Nearterm I'm just waiting for it to put in the bottom price, 1850 is a relatively shallow pull back and 1700 was my guess

Last edited:
Associate
Re the RR Rights Issue - I've got my RR shares within the wrapper of an S&S ISA. I want to buy more shares, but I've maxed my ISA allowance for this tax year.

I presume I'll need to sell one of my investments to free up some cash to do so. I presume I can't transfer my rights to a GIA. Does that sound about right?

I use Fidelity as a platform for context.

Soldato
Split is good for stocks, you dont want agreement and excessive government new red tape screwing up business just as its recovering.

Whys RR down today, is that election related or just a lull post rights

I dont see theres much difference between them in fiscal deficits etc. Gold already got 2k, I wont be that impressed until its moving like Bitcoin pricing. Nearterm I'm just waiting for it to put in the bottom price, 1850 is a relatively shallow pull back and 1700 was my guess

Biden win will scare investors so they'll take their money out of the dollar and put it into Gold

Back
Top Bottom