• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I'm really regretting selling my 3900X now lol.....

Associate
I sold it in prep for the 5900X so I can get more money for it as prices will drop fast. Oh look I cannot use my PC now because I cannot order the 5900X lol :/

When are these things back in stock? Why is hardware in such demand now? Back 10/20/30 years ago there were none of these problems, go back to consoles people! lol.

Associate
I sold it in prep for the 5900X so I can get more money for it as prices will drop fast. Oh look I cannot use my PC now because I cannot order the 5900X lol :/

When are these things back in stock? Why is hardware in such demand now? Back 10/20/30 years ago there were none of these problems, go back to consoles people! lol.

Feel for you.

This year there's so many releases at the same time taking up the fabrication plants and also the air frieght.

All releasing this quarter are
nVidia 30XX cards
AMD 59xx CPUs
AMD 6xxx GPU
Sony PS5
Microsoft XBox X
Apple iPhone 12

and to top it off there's COVD as well disrupting people and supply chain.

Next batch of CPU due the end of month from what I've been reading. So you'll be unlikely to get your PC back up and running soon

Soldato
I doubt the used price will drop much for the 3900X until the new price drops if it ever does and also the majority of people with a 3900X will not be upgrading to zen 3 so there won't be a glut in the supply of used parts.

Cashing in on a current PC part before a new one releases isn't really worth it unless your talking something like an RTX 2080ti which was heavily overvalued in the first place which the 3900X isn't and it still beats any of the lower core count zen 3 CPU in multi core workloads.

Soldato
Are people trying to justify a purchase, based on its selling price?

For example, "£1200 for a graphics card is extortionate, however, if I can get £700 when I sell it, then it's only costing me £500 which is a bargain."

Is this how peoples minds work? Are people buying things they can't afford, hence the panic to sell when something new comes out?

Associate
I'm sitting here with a crappy 7 year old system waiting to buy a 5900x and 3070. The thing is, I'm used to crappy, it's not getting worse and I can still run everything I need, it's just the new system will be nicer.

Just because your games run exactly the way they have, doesn't make your PC stop working!

Associate

For example, "£1200 for a graphics card is extortionate, however, if I can get £700 when I sell it, then it's only costing me £500 which is a bargain."

Is this how peoples minds work? Are people buying things they can't afford, hence the panic to sell when something new comes out?
People rush to sell so they don't lose value. Pretty much the only reason. Not everyone like to waste money (like you?)

Soldato
People rush to sell so they don't lose value. Pretty much the only reason. Not everyone like to waste money (like you?)
I guess that depends on if saving 20 quid is worth more than being without a working machine for a month or possibly longer.

Infact looking through used listings I see no noticeable price change for these CPUs in the last 6 weeks so it's debatable if your even saving money by offloading early.

Last edited:
Soldato

How is it wasting money if you dont sell? Some people are still gamining on their 2600k. Some people are still gaming on their 1080ti, some are still gaming on their 980ti. Where's the waste?

Associate

It make sense to sell something you no longer need so you have more funds towards the future purchases and especially so if the value of what you're selling will drop quickly thanks to the new stuff.

Under normal circumstances it's a good approach but pretty silly when we've seen what happened with the 3000 series, now Ryzen (although should be fixed shortly) and probably 6000 series GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom