• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 6900 XT

Associate
I had 5800x and 6800xt at checkout but kept getting error even after PayPal details were entered. Then after kept refreshing and now it says Access Denied!

Soldato
Well, looks like between the "503 Service unavailable" and "Access Denied" errors, I'm going to be sticking with my 3090 FE.

Twice got to the final step 3 "Review payment" and was not able to go beyond it.

Got as far as "Payment Options" this time and got no further entered PayPal and CC details didn't make any difference lol.

Noticed the merchants are "digitalriver" the same people nvidia used for 3xxx FE sales until they were ditched for being completely useless and unable to keep out bots

Last edited:
Associate
Ideally be on discord, telegram, part alert etc. Normally will say when FE cards go up. 3090 usually stays around for a while, most recent drop was available for around 12 hours when link became available.

The shambolic state of AMD's site will likely hamper the availability of the 3090 when stock comes back up as I imagine a lot of people will switch to this option due to the frustration trying to purchase a 6900XT

Caporegime
I'm done. That's 44 times going through PayPal (1 time AMD site successfully taking it to confirmation stage - then blocking me from the server when I confirm).

It's just not worth the time and effort.

I'll probably sell my Radeon VII whilst it's still worth more than I paid, and use a Fury Nano until RDNA3 / NVNext come out.
It'll probably be more of the same. This is the new business model.

Keeps prices nice and high if you launch with basically no availability.

Then prices stay nice and high as you dribble out stock over 3-6 months.

Associate
In no world does the 3090 look like a winner.

Other than you can actually buy one - but a fool and their money etc.

When my current Vega 56 keeps black screening every so often for no reason and No AMD cards availeable to replace it with being able to actually purchase a card even though it is double what im really wanting to pay is the only way it is a win.

Associate
Lots of people from multiple countries (US/UK/Germany) were getting the wrong region for shipping error, myself included in the UK. And now access denied.

Associate
Tried on the AMD site just now, and paying with paypal, just on the off-chance. Been through the paypal authorisation 3 times now, and nothing happens, their back end is just b0rked and sending 503s whenever you try to check out.

Soldato
Really unfair. The products are not listed properly on the site. You need direct links.
of course, to stop the bots...

Except the real link hasn't changed for days, possibly weeks so the bots that were set up ages ago know all about it and almost certainly have done for a long time... they're the only ones who can potentially buy right now.. Its ridiculous.

Last edited:
Soldato
They put a load of 6800 and 6800XT on at the same time looking at the stock alerts - how stupid are they? What better way to overwhelm your website and payment provider than adding multiple in demand products at the same time!?

Caporegime
They put a load of 6800 and 6800XT on at the same time looking at the stock alerts - how stupid are they? What better way to overwhelm your website and payment provider than adding multiple in demand products at the same time!?
Can't have been too many/loads, they were OOS within minutes (6800XT).

Unless the scalpers are literally buying 100s of units each.

Back
Top Bottom