• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Looking at the OCUK updates most of there 3080’s come in batches of 10’s or less. What makes you think the FE are any different.

The success rate is too high for it to be that small.

People getting one from ***competitor hinting*** is like looking for a pea in the haystack, but is more and more FE success stories, also someone leaked the drops are over 200 units. I think partners could be selling direct to miners, which is why FE appears to out supply them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Pre-orders would cause nothing but trouble when demand is as high as it is.
I can't see how, if it's just a case of waiting in a long que (if the prices remain at RRP). The retailer might not like dealing with any problems that occur though.

And as itron pointed out, Nvidia allowed pre-orders for the RTX 2000 series.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't see how, if it's just a case of waiting in a long que (if the prices remains at RRP). The retailer might not like dealing with any problems that occur though.

I'm glad they're not doing pre-orders otherwise I'd still be waiting. I appreciate that I got extremely lucky but I managed to get my 3080FE only couple of days after I decided that I want one.

Soldato
I'm glad they're not doing pre-orders otherwise I'd still be waiting. I appreciate that I got extremely lucky but I managed to get my 3080FE only couple of days after I decided that I want one.
The trouble is, it means people who don't watch their PC / phone notifications during the day can't get one. It's not remotely fair ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,

I’m around 190 in the queue for an MSI Trio 3080, but with no idea of delivery date I tried and failed for the 3080FE drop earlier. Saw the 3090 in stock (think it still is) and purchased that instead! :eek:

Having buyers remorse already! But after nearly five months I’m tired of waiting and chasing phantom 3080 stock alerts.

What do you guys think. Keep it or cancel and wait it out for the 3080. I’m currently on an r390 trying to play FS2020 at 10fps....

Soldato
Interesting, would be good to hear Nvidia's reasoning on not allowing pre-orders for the RTX 3000 series.

How long did people have to wait when pre-ordering a RTX 2070/2080 FE?
Not long at all, I think I got my pre-ordered 2080 TI FE very early in the October of 2018. I can't remember the precise release date. Unfortunately, it was faulty and I refunded it and went back to my GTX 1080 as I regretted spending so much.

Back
Top Bottom