• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
3090 runs 10-15 degrees cooler than my 1080ti FTW3, and also due to it exhausting the hot GPU air out of the case my CPU (3900x under a Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler) runs ten degrees cooler too.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
3090 runs 10-15 degrees cooler than my 1080ti FTW3, and also due to it exhausting the hot GPU air out of the case my CPU (3900x under a Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler) runs ten degrees cooler too.

Exactly the same experience with my GPU and CPU since getting a 3090FE.

Will be interesting to see how toasty things get in the room during peak summer though...

Soldato

Yeah it’s a nicely designed cooler, I like the fact it’s getting more airflow over my ram with the rear blow through design as with 4 sticks crammed together it could previously get quite warm at above 1.4v... I think the founders edition not only has by far the best aesthetics but is just all round a great design.

Exactly the same experience with my GPU and CPU since getting a 3090FE.

Will be interesting to see how toasty things get in the room during peak summer though...

Open the window lol. I did find back when I had 2 x 980Ti it got pretty unbearably hot in the man cave in the summer evenings. Had to decide between getting bugs flying in and slowly roasting alive!

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Open the window lol. I did find back when I had 2 x 980Ti it got pretty unbearably hot in the man cave in the summer evenings. Had to decide between getting bugs flying in and slowly roasting alive!

Unfortunately there are no windows in that bit of the house. It’s open plan to the kitchen so I’ll have the back door wide open in the summer anyway, but even so, it’s going to be a bit warm I suspect!

Soldato
My 3090fe is out for delivery, but water block will be a few weeks. so a good chance to see if i also won the silicone lottery :D fingers crossed.

which one did you go for?

I can’t decide if I want to water cool again... how hot the rear VRAM and back plate gets makes me tempted by the EK block but the looks don’t really do it for me... need to see it installed in a case though.

Associate
Another declined order going for the 3080FE, got a 3060Ti FE for my son at the beginning of Jan, chat confirmed won't be able to order a 3080FE to this address.

You are only able to order a combination of: 2 x 3090 - or 1 x 3090 with 1x 3080 OR 3070 OR 3060Ti

I know there trying to stop scalpers but it doesn't really, loads on ebay already, they just use multiple addresses to get em.

I didn't really want to have to do that, but you gotta play the game I suppose.

Soldato

As I'm working from home in an attic room due to lockdown, work supplied a portable air con unit to keep the working conditions bearable. So now I have the prospect of even huger electricity bills in the summer as the air con unit will be going full blast to dump the 3090 heat out of the window!

Soldato
Another declined order going for the 3080FE, got a 3060Ti FE for my son at the beginning of Jan, chat confirmed won't be able to order a 3080FE to this address.

Wonder if they do it by payment type as well or just address..
I'm still looking for a 3080FE although I managed to get a 3060Ti, I'll get it delivered to work and use a different email address and order from a different IP if I need too, but payment will be the same..

Associate
Wonder if they do it by payment type as well or just address..
I'm still looking for a 3080FE although I managed to get a 3060Ti, I'll get it delivered to work and use a different email address and order from a different IP if I need too, but payment will be the same..

I think IP address and / or actual address is also part of it. Yesterday I tried ordering a 3090 using wifes account with different payment details. IP and delivery address were same. Next time (if there is a next time) will change the IP address. Cant do much about the actual address though!

Associate
I've managed to order 3070FE DEC, 3090FE JAN, 3090FE JAN returned (coil whine on 14 day), 3090FE again yesterday all with the same payment method and account and address, probably different IP address.

3090FE arrived this morning, I am not sure whether the restriction applies to 3090FE cards, as I have now ordered 3 3090FEs with the first 3070FE. (I doubt they bother remove allowances for returns)

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato

You are only able to order a combination of: 2 x 3090 - or 1 x 3090 with 1x 3080 OR 3070 OR 3060Ti

I know there trying to stop scalpers but it doesn't really, loads on ebay already, they just use multiple addresses to get em.

I didn't really want to have to do that, but you gotta play the game I suppose.

2 x 3090FE’s it is then. :p

Back
Top Bottom