Really getting tired of hacking now

Caporegime
It’s constant now. In the last few weeks, I’ve had the following accounts hacked:

Uber eats
Spotify
Netflix
eBay
Microsoft account

All have different passwords, but that doesn’t seem to be making any difference. It’s gone from merely annoying to seriously troublesome now.

Soldato
It’s constant now. In the last few weeks, I’ve had the following accounts hacked:

Uber eats
Spotify
Netflix
eBay
Microsoft account

All have different passwords, but that doesn’t seem to be making any difference. It’s gone from merely annoying to seriously troublesome now.

It's your own fault for letting your microsoft account get hacked.

Losing control of you email account is asking for serious trouble. Why don't you have 2FA for the microsoft account?

Worse still you have a keylogger in your computer which again requires you to have fallen for a trick.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It's your own fault for letting your microsoft account get hacked.

Losing control of you email account is asking for serious trouble. Why don't you have 2FA for the microsoft account?

Worse still you have a keylogger in your computer which again requires you to have fallen for a trick.
How is it my fault? And what is 2FA anyway?

Soldato
Presumably they have at some point got access to your email account, thus using password recovery?

How complex are the passwords? robfosters1, robfosters2?

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. I’m thinking of getting a password manager. Is Nordpass any good?
A password manager isnt going to help you. You need to stop and spend a couple of hours learning how to setup 2FA/MFA on all of your accounts. In this day and age, people should be setting 2FA up on everything. I have it on these forums, even.

Soldato
Just to add, just because you're one a computer forum doesn't mean it should be expected you get smarmy elitist responses. People end up here for all sorts of reasons.

I use Bitwarden and it's great. I don't know what any of my passwords are, and the app syncs across my phone and PCs. It generates passwords, saves credit cards if you want, auto saves login information. It can also check to see if you've been exposed or your passwords are duplicated.

I'm sure other password managers are the same.

Use a 2FA app as much as possible but text message 2FA is fine for most people.

Back
Top Bottom