• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Associate
The first image below is stock, the second is undervolted. Basically identical with the undervolted just edging a few frames ahead.

chroluk knows more than I do about the 'how and why' - all I know is the results I'm getting, and they seem to be in line with others here.

My Stock run - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19369939
My Undervolted run - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19372719

My curve -

curve.png

I updated/edited my comment earlier. Do take a look, and if you have sotr benchmarks do share that too.

Here you go, some posts from a little while back. My CPU is running at stock and my GPU is slightly undervolted. The Tomb Raider benchmarks were done with RTX on high and DLSS off :)

Associate
Here you go, some posts from a little while back. My CPU is running at stock and my GPU is slightly undervolted. The Tomb Raider benchmarks were done with RTX on high and DLSS off :)
Ah damn, I only only have benches with dlss on. Cant compare this. Was your hzd run with an undervolt too? And if by any chance if you have hzd still on let me know if you run at the same settings as mine(stock gpu,cpu and full screen with Gsync/Gsync off). If not, I’ll reinstall and try with the same settings as yours. Really hard to find people with a 5600x and 3080 combo. Thanks again.

Associate
Hi All,

I have a strange issue with my Aorus Xtreme.
For some reason it doesnt take power from the first power connector:
479733_nopower.jpg

It stuck at 80% power limit, and the power consumption doesn't go up even a bit by extending the power limit to 121%.

I've tried with the ReBAR bios and the original bios. I changed power cables and also swapped them over.. Different drivers, etc.
I inspected power connectors looking for bent or pushed-in pins or burns but everything looks fine.
Most games crash unless I lower the core clock by 30MHz... So it is a problem in this form (although the 300W consumption is very appealing).
I'm waiting Gigabyte Support's response now.

Do you think something went wrong inside the card? RMA?

Soldato
Hi All,

479733_nopower.jpg

It stuck at 80% power limit, and the power consumption doesn't go up even a bit by extending the power limit to 121%.

I've tried with the ReBAR bios and the original bios. I changed power cables and also swapped them over.. Different drivers, etc.
I inspected power connectors looking for bent or pushed-in pins or burns but everything looks fine.
Most games crash unless I lower the core clock by 30MHz... So it is a problem in this form (although the 300W consumption is very appealing).

I've never seen a problem like this, it's good that Nvidia has exposed this information so we can troubleshoot. My first reaction was maybe it's not drawing power from that connector because it doesn't need to (the third PCIE power connector is often done for marketing purposes), however if it is crashing and raising the power limit does not increase the power used by the card as a whole then it seems like you could have a problem. Also, it should be reaching 100% of TDP not be stuck at 80%. It probably needs an RMA if you have made sure that swapping the PCIE power cables and the sockets that they plug into on the PSU makes no difference.

Associate
Hi All,

479733_nopower.jpg

I had a gaming oc 3080 that did this. Upon inspection I found out that one of the pins was bent upwards and it had split my pcie connector into two. Took a photo of it and got a refund the next day and got an fe.

Associate
Ah damn, I only only have benches with dlss on. Cant compare this. Was your hzd run with an undervolt too? And if by any chance if you have hzd still on let me know if you run at the same settings as mine(stock gpu,cpu and full screen with Gsync/Gsync off).

Yup, HZD run with an Undervolt too. I still have Tomb Raider installed, so can run it again. I've been meaning to re-download HZD anyhow (with updates), so I'll set that running.

Really hard to find people with a 5600x and 3080 combo.

2 difficult components to come by!

Associate
Yup, HZD run with an Undervolt too. I still have Tomb Raider installed, so can run it again. I've been meaning to re-download HZD anyhow (with updates), so I'll set that running.

2 difficult components to come by!
Here are the settings:
dsUrp4n.jpg
qDyxdXU.jpg
and I’m assuming you undervolted with afterburner? Would be better if you run this with a stock profile so what we can compare. Thanks!
Note: Gsync is on in the nvidia panel.

Associate
Hi All,

479733_nopower.jpg

Something is wrong with card or power feed. Try swapping the connectors and see if the issue moves.

My 3080 Xtreme shows power draw on all 3 connectors at 60% power setting.

Associate
@Guest2 quick question, do you have “game mode” turned on in Windows? Does this affect anything in terms of fps? I heard it helps in terms of latency but with the past few updates people have been turning it off saying it kills performance.

Associate
@Guest2 quick question, do you have “game mode” turned on in Windows? Does this affect anything in terms of fps? I heard it helps in terms of latency but with the past few updates people have been turning it off saying it kills performance.

There was a bug in a recent Windows update that made FPS with DLSS very variable. It has been rolled back remotely by Microsoft so should no longer be an issue.

Associate
There was a bug in a recent Windows update that made FPS with DLSS very variable. It has been rolled back remotely by Microsoft so should no longer be an issue.
So you’re on the latest windows with no issues? I turned off updates for a week to observe what’s happening.

Soldato
From what I understand in the latest builds of windows 10, game mode doesnt adjust performance profiles anymore, it merely just disables notifications.

Associate
From what I understand in the latest builds of windows 10, game mode doesnt adjust performance profiles anymore, it merely just disables notifications.
I’m talking about this update:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/a-recent-windows-10-update-is-trashing-framerates-and-causing-games-to-stutter.18926593/

Let me know what you think. I’d like to update if the issues have been fixed.

Soldato
Nope, turn that junk off along with Xbox game bar, hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and variable refresh

Associate
Can anyone recommend good thermal pads to put on the memory chips? gpu-z shows that as soon as i do anything that pushes the card the memory jumps to 110c and the card throttles.

Associate
Can anyone recommend good thermal pads to put on the memory chips? gpu-z shows that as soon as i do anything that pushes the card the memory jumps to 110c and the card throttles.

4 layers of Gelid Solutions GP Ultimate 0.5mm (so 2mm total) is the best solution I have found to date for memory pads (on Rog Strix OC and Gigabyte Xtreme at least). This is mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom