Rate my takeaway

Caporegime
My only critism of the channel is that he doesn't go to many bad ones, I've not seen all of his videos but watch a lot of them, and the only bad one was 2/10 when he went to Scotland and got that deep fried family box, with raw burgers etc, looked vile.

Every other I've seen the lowest score he's given is 8/10.

I get that he doesn't want to get a reputation for discrediting businesses, but I'd like to see more of the occasional clanger.

It's like this Mark Wein guy, almost 8mil subs on YouTube. I used to watch him all the time but eventually i unsubscribed because everywhere he went to he goes through the same motion.

First, he talks about how the chef "expertly" do this, even if the guy is just expertly flipping a burger or chopping lettuce with a cleaver. It is all expertly done.

Then there is the reaction, it is all positive, all with the eyes wide open head tilt. It's his signature.

Everything tastes great, even when I know for a fact it tastes awful (because i went there and tried it). When someone does that, the entire review goes out the window and you no longer can trust it. His judgment becomes irrelevant. One time he did a collab with another food vlogger and they had the same dish. The other one commented on the intestines tasted "crap" and dirty, Mark Weins did his signature eye roll and head tilt with a smile. The guy literally likes crap.

I much prefer it when there is a variety in the score, shows some honesty. Nobody loves everything, you must like something more than others, you have to dislike some food or not care for some food. Surely you have a preference. Just tell us what your preference is then we the viewers can take those into account too. If we know you don't have a sweet tooth and not into sweet things then we know why you don't score desserts as high. Yes, rating food good gets more views, it's what people want to see but it also isn't true. Sometimes it's just merely okay and that's fine.

When everything is expertly done and best things ever, it's pointless.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How much money is he making with 250k subs roughly?

Depends on if he has sponsorship...

It can be more if your subject is financial topics as that attracts ads from people in the financial sector which in terms pays more. For food, it is on the lower to middle end. Roughly, in views terms...for a million views, I'd say $2000/£1500.

Soldato
Depends on if he has sponsorship...

It can be more if your subject is financial topics as that attracts ads from people in the financial sector which in terms pays more. For food, it is on the lower to middle end. Roughly, in views terms...for a million views, I'd say $2000/£1500.
A YouTube channel about lunch for Bankers, you say...

Caporegime
YouTube has a lot of rules, sometimes you can get demonetised for seemingly nothing. They have rules about swearing as it is seen as not family-friendly so it deters viewers, and also rules about swearing in the first minute of the video etc. There are also copyright strikes for music, even background stuff from a shop, if the algorithm picks up on that then he will lose all the money from that video.

Soldato
I watched a few videos, tbh he's not really reviewing anything, it's just a comedy northerner playing up to stereotypes.

Tbh I prefer the Pengest Munch for amusing takeaway reviews :p

Associate
I watched a few videos, tbh he's not really reviewing anything, it's just a comedy northerner playing up to stereotypes.

Tbh I prefer the Pengest Munch for amusing takeaway reviews :p

God is that kid still going? Although when I say kid, he's probably 18 and 6ft tall now!

Permabanned
Nah he doesn't.

He said in some of his older videos that he never wastes the food. He said hes got three kids and will take it home to them or despite the jokes shares it with camera man.

Edit: Sorry let's it get cold maybe lol.

And soaking wet. Sitting out all weathers is his trademark, okay sure. But leaving the food out in pots uncovered collecting rainwater while nomming on something else is irritating af.

Soldato
OP
Guys gone from 200k to 270k subscribers in a month.

He will hit a million with 6 months I reckon.

He did do a slightly dodgy one the other day, gave it 7 out of 10 which means it won't have been great.

Soldato
He's great, and he's from Yorkshire too.

I was a bit confused by his rating of the chippy in Pudsey given he said he's a chip connoisseur, the chips were "crispy" and "fluffy" inside, on video looked like Weatherspoon's chips, they're not what I'd think of as chippy chips.

Fish though looked omg.

Bread cake though? In Yorkshire it's a bread bun.

Re the eating outside when it's raining, come on, in Yorkshire we don't get scared by a bit of rain.

Last edited:
Soldato
I much prefer it when there is a variety in the score, shows some honesty. Nobody loves everything, you must like something more than others, you have to dislike some food or not care for some food. Surely you have a preference. Just tell us what your preference is then we the viewers can take those into account too. If we know you don't have a sweet tooth and not into sweet things then we know why you don't score desserts as high. Yes, rating food good gets more views, it's what people want to see but it also isn't true. Sometimes it's just merely okay and that's fine.

Maybe he'll go full Homer Simpson and switch to everything being disgusting and end up poisoned?

Associate
Watched his national fish and chips day video earlier and had to fight not instantly ordering some.

Got two morrisons healthy meals coming on todays grocery order to try, but they are pricey and not much less than takeaway, and have to wait two days for the delivery.

But i I like them I'll try buying more.

Soldato
Watched his national fish and chips day video earlier and had to fight not instantly ordering some.

Got two morrisons healthy meals coming on todays grocery order to try, but they are pricey and not much less than takeaway, and have to wait two days for the delivery.

But i I like them I'll try buying more.
Get your takeaway fill by watching that chap ruin his life and body, not your own.

Back
Top Bottom