Gigabyte M28U Release Date

Associate
I've placed a pre-order and also asked this question via webnote and received the below response:

Thanks for the webnote!

We currently do not have an ETA for when more of this item will arrive, if you would like to amend or cancel your order please get in touch!

Regards,

Tom M

Which is somewhat frustrating! I assume it's a question of stock availability like everything else in high demand at the moment (GPU's etc)

Associate
OP
I've placed a pre-order and also asked this question via webnote and received the below response:

Thanks for the webnote!

We currently do not have an ETA for when more of this item will arrive, if you would like to amend or cancel your order please get in touch!

Regards,

Tom M

Which is somewhat frustrating! I assume it's a question of stock availability like everything else in high demand at the moment (GPU's etc)
Thanks for getting back to me with the details from the webnote.

Associate
Pre ordered Monday. Been looking at this one for a while. America had their first batch of stock weeks ago. If you google around you'll see peoples opinions on it. Ideal for me for what I want and sick of waiting on the LG gp950. Cant even get on a pre order for that one. I would imagine the next few weeks would see the M28U stock. Be worth emailing Gigabyte tho?

Soldato
One issue with the M28U

"Gigabyte M28U HDMI 2.1 monitor only supports 4K 120Hz (4:2:0)"

Seems ASUS TUF coming out maybe next month is 4:4:4

The TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A 4K gaming monitor is ready for anything with HDMI 2.1 - Edge Up (asus.com)

Seems they could be roughly the same pricing with TUF coming in at 32", which is more suited for 4K

Not sure with MSI sorry

MSI Unveils Optix MPG321UR-QD Esports Monitor with HDMI 2.1 and 144 Hz Refresh Rate - The FPS Review

Think the TUF will clean up in this category

Associate
Maybe they will. But I'll believe it when I see it re release dates and having enough stock for demand. Theres been nothing but dribbles of stock from all vendors for the last year or so for HDMI 2.1 monitors. I've been keeping an eye on all of these monitors on various forums. The lead times go from 2020, to Q1. To Q2. Now to Q3.

I've confidence in getting my hands on a Gigabyte M28U in short/medium term. Not that concerned with 4,4,4 subsampling or HDR. Majority of these lower cost monitors only fake HDR anyway. This one ticks basically all the boxes for me. More concerned with refresh rates and response times. Basically anything I can actually perceive and aid me day to day

Soldato
Had one a few hours now been playing some games like Days Gone / Division 2 / Assetto Corsa / RDR2 to test the screen out and it's really nice and sharp and very responsive, this IPS screen puts my previous VA 144hz monitor to shame in the motion department of course.

Not run into any issues yet but have noticed a new firmware update is available already but not updated it yet.

so far so good.:D

Associate
Have mine about 2 weeks. Zero regrets or complaints. Cracking monitor. 120hz hdr x series no issues. The motion/refresh and clarity are unreal!

The speaker is a bit thin/basic base wise but its 2 watts or something wasnt expecting it to even have one. Ideal for video calls work wise light gaming maybe, anything more buy a headset.

One thing the cable that came with it for HDMI, i just happened to try a well known hdmi2.1 cable instead(copper not fibre) and the colour vibrancy improved substantially. I also havent upgraded the firmware or tweaked any settings yet. But yeah worth trying a different cable then the one that came with

OcUK Staff
Associate
OP
I started this thread but haven't been receiving updates on it since my reply months back. Ironically.

Looks like I've missed out on two batches already.
Any ideas when the next batch may be due?

Back
Top Bottom