Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Careful with this. You need to ensure the standmount tube is sufficiently insulated to prevent interference from the stand's natural resonance.

I also suggest buying some one way cables to promote the warmest of sounds.

Have never heard of this before considering the holes in the standmount tubes being there at top and bottom for this very reason? Unless you mean cable tying the cable to the tube on the outside of course in which case I have no idea. My cables are as thick as a thumb VanDamne blues so there's no way any resonance interference will pass through that much shielding so never been something I've had to think about :p

One way cables though?!

Soldato
Have never heard of this before considering the holes in the standmount tubes being there at top and bottom for this very reason? Unless you mean cable tying the cable to the tube on the outside of course in which case I have no idea. My cables are as thick as a thumb VanDamne blues so there's no way any resonance interference will pass through that much shielding so never been something I've had to think about :p

One way cables though?!

It was entirely in jest given all the utter BS that gets thrown about with audio-related gear :p

Soldato
:D

I knew something was up but given who posted the comment (someone who is otherwise reliable and accurate!) I figured maybe I wasn't "in the know" :D :D
You're too kind!
Apologies, just couldn't resist, it's an area so ripe for scammy 'fixes' that cannot possibly do anything.

That being said, I now recall something about the idea of there being power cables for directional current flow. Even though they're AC. So what I said does indeed exist, and some folk are going to have bought them!

Anyway, enough of the audio BS as I honestly don't know what I'm talking about other than to treat almost everything in the field with extreme caution.

Man of Honour
Speaker cable doesn't have shielding, does it...?

Shielding from BS :p

To be fair you can get shielded cables

But yeah cable is cable, wasn't there a magazine years ago that did blind tests with wire coat hangers and people couldn't tell the difference!

There have been people in the sound forums who have bought RCA leads that cost £hundreds before for fantastical reasons in the past :o

Soldato
Tbh, I only use iplayer, YouTube and Netflix and already have those in my smart tv, but as I'm using wireless buds, I bought the Firestick because it has an AV sync adjuster. When I stream from the tv directly it doesn't let me adjust for bluetooth audio and often there's a bit of lag between sound and picture so hopefully the firestick will sort that out. Mine cost £40. The 4k version is £50.

Just a heads up. The 4k version will drop to £27 on Prime day...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fi...99-fire-hd-10-tablet-ps7999-at-amazon-3746135

Man of Honour
A used Mini Cooper to replace the ageing Peugeot 206 we were using as a second car. Love the sunroof and it's incredible fun to drive. I absolutely loved the drive home. It's such a blast and the performance is acceptable in sport mode.

I then drove my Evoque straight after bringing this home and hated it compared to the Mini. I really can see me swapping the Evoque for a Mini JCW soon. I had been thinking of replacing that with a A3, Golf or something similar but I'm so impressed with this little Mini Cooper that I think a JCW is now right up there on the short list.

9TzunKl.jpg

Soldato
A used Mini Cooper to replace the ageing Peugeot 206 we were using as a second car. Love the sunroof and it's incredible fun to drive. I absolutely loved the drive home. It's such a blast and the performance is acceptable in sport mode.

I then drove my Evoque straight after bringing this home and hated it compared to the Mini. I really can see me swapping the Evoque for a Mini JCW soon. I had been thinking of replacing that with a A3, Golf or something similar but I'm so impressed with this little Mini Cooper that I think a JCW is now right up there on the short list.

9TzunKl.jpg
Have been tempted to replace the Ibiza Fr with an earlier JCW! Looks great.

Soldato
Couldn't resist for £100 each. Took 6 weeks to arrive but worth the wait.

20210619-100545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom