• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I'm still desperately trying to get my 1st FE (3060 Ti) and so are lots of others. I'll be furious if they relax the rules so soon.

I get the Telegram notifications but I have a full time job during the day and I work with clients etc so sometimes it takes a few hours to attempt a purchase. I'm always too late.

That proves 100% that there are plenty of other people still buying their 1st!

Once the FE cards start to remain in stock for 48 hours then yes, it's time to relax the rules.

Totally agree. Similar situation to you.
Don't have time or inclination to be checking my phone all day.
Luckily finished early yesterday and I heard the phone ping. Telegram really works!
Was looking for a 3060ti but it just happened to be the right time. So went for it.

Associate
Totally agree. Similar situation to you.
Don't have time or inclination to be checking my phone all day.
Luckily finished early yesterday and I heard the phone ping. Telegram really works!
Was looking for a 3060ti but it just happened to be the right time. So went for it.
Did you get a 3070 instead?

Soldato
I'm still desperately trying to get my 1st FE (3060 Ti) and so are lots of others. I'll be furious if they relax the rules so soon.

I get the Telegram notifications but I have a full time job during the day and I work with clients etc so sometimes it takes a few hours to attempt a purchase. I'm always too late.

That proves 100% that there are plenty of other people still buying their 1st! What about doctors, paramedics, school teachers etc. I'm sure it's hard for them to get their 1st FE card.

Once the FE cards start to remain in stock for 48 hours then yes, it's time to relax the rules.

I'm in a similar position. I want a 3060ti and think the current rule will help me.

I could have bought a 3070 yesterday, but don't want to spend and additional £100 for such a small amount of improvement.

Associate
I'm in a similar position. I want a 3060ti and think the current rule will help me.

I could have bought a 3070 yesterday, but don't want to spend and additional £100 for such a small amount of improvement.
Then you will be sadly disappointed as you won’t get anything else this year. You should have got the 3070 as it stayed in stock for a few hours.

Soldato
Then you will be sadly disappointed as you won’t get anything else this year. You should have got the 3070 as it stayed in stock for a few hours.

Heh, I did have a twinge of non-buyer's remorse yesterday evening, but I'm expecting at least one more shipment of 3060ti fe for the uk this year.

I'm not intending to buy in above a 3060ti. I've waited 10 months since the 30xx series appeared, and think it would be crazy to get impatient now.

Caporegime

?

Im pretty sure there will be more 3060ti shipments at some point soon. Have you heard differently? They normally come on every few weeks.

Soldato
It wasnt a few hours. It was 10 (maybe 15 at a push) minutes tops. It showed longer than 10 or so minutes but nothing added to your basket.

oh i see, that makes more sense. i think they would have needed a full Lorry of them to last a few hours these days lol

Soldato
oh i see, that makes more sense. i think they would have needed a full Lorry of them to last a few hours these days lol

Yeah, the 3070s were gone in under half an hour. I had one in a basket five minutes after the notification, but pulled out. 3090s, on the other hand, didn't sell out until around 4ish.

It's a positive sign the market is slowing down at the top end, I guess...

Associate

Don’t post such things that you clearly don’t know to be true. You don’t know the next time a 3060 Ti drop will appear. They were in stock for 45 mins 2 weeks ago.

Associate
They need a device called a Mobile Phone and have Payment details lodged in their phone wallet.
If they can't work that out then they shouldn't bother with PCs/GPUs etc.

"Excuse me Mr Patient, I'm just going to stop stitching your arm back together as I've received a Telegram alert about Graphics Cards."

"Sorry kids, teaching in this lesson will stop till I have bought a 3080"

"I know I was in the middle of a presentation, Mrs Important Client, but there's been a FE drop"

"Sorry bus passengers, we're not going anywhere till I've managed to complete the checkout process"

Idiot.

Associate
They need a device called a Mobile Phone and have Payment details lodged in their phone wallet.
If they can't work that out then they shouldn't bother with PCs/GPUs etc.

You do realise many people are in jobs that don't allow them to have personal fun time on their phone as and when they please during the day? Ironically to your post, most jobs requiring a good education will be in that list.

Caporegime
"Excuse me Mr Patient, I'm just going to stop stitching your arm back together as I've received a Telegram alert about Graphics Cards."

"Sorry kids, teaching in this lesson will stop till I have bought a 3080"

"I know I was in the middle of a presentation, Mrs Important Client, but there's been a FE drop"

"Sorry bus passengers, we're not going anywhere till I've managed to complete the checkout process"

Idiot.

You would be lucky if you were a criminal running away from the police.

"How did you get away!?"

"I was very lucky because there was a Founders Edition drop right at that time, and all the police stopped immediately and started ordering graphics cards on their phones"

Associate
You would be lucky if you were a criminal running away from the police.

"How did you get away!?"

"I was very lucky because there was a Founders Edition drop right at that time, and all the police stopped immediately and started ordering graphics cards on their phones"

Now that is a plan. Need to start arranging a bank heist for when the next FE drop is. Do you think if I agreed to share the proceeds with <censored name of OCUK competitor that sells the FEs> they'd tell me when the next drop is?

Man of Honour
I think they've been out so long now they should do a mild lift on the rules to at least 2 per household, fair enough when they were first out but it doesn't make sense still having this rule now. Especially with the 3090 where you need 2 matching cards to do nvlink without making a God awful ugly build.

I've been waiting most the year to get a 2nd rtx 3090 to do nvlink and by them digging in with this rule I'm forced into the hands of scalpers to get a matching FE card
Still a lot of people waiting for their first cards though, so can't really complain. I had a 3090 as it was the only thing I could get my hands on but sold it as was way more cpu limited than I expected and couldn't really justify the outlay on something that wasn't running at full pelt. I want to get a 3080 but understand why I'm blocked from doing so having already bought an FE.

What are the actual constraints imposed, is it based on address?

Associate
Still a lot of people waiting for their first cards though, so can't really complain. I had a 3090 as it was the only thing I could get my hands on but sold it as was way more cpu limited than I expected and couldn't really justify the outlay on something that wasn't running at full pelt. I want to get a 3080 but understand why I'm blocked from doing so having already bought an FE.

What are the actual constraints imposed, is it based on address?

Possibly name, address and payment method - tried to buy a 3070 for my mate who was at work after getting a 3090 earlier but got declined.

He did manage to get one without my help

Soldato
Yeah it sucks for people who cant get on phone during working hours, they have done very few evening drops would help if they could do them more

Back
Top Bottom