** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Soldato
Yeah I don't think they have test fired the boosters 29 engines have they? Have they even cryo tested the tanks?

Not sure on the tanks, I'm fairly sure the engines haven't been test fired. The way I see it all is a rehearsal for when they get approval for the flight, may as well stack everything now when they can't launch, gain some data on how it went, anything to work on. Then closer to the time they get the flight approval, test the engines, test the tanks etc. then at least they know how to stack at that point as they might have worked out any issues.

Soldato
Just finished the second half of 'Cosmonauts: How Russia won the space race' which was on BBC4 last night. Might be an old documentary & old news for all I know, so apologies if it is. But I found it completely fascinating. Thought I knew a bit about the last 50+ years of spaceflight and I was right... I knew a tiny bit!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04lcxms

Edit: oh, yes, very old documentary. New to me though.

Associate
I see Blue Origin's HLS hissy fit is still going. They're like a dog with a bone at the moment.

I've gone from very much being on board with 'team space' as more companies getting into orbit the better the outcome. But I'm at the point now where I wish they'd just shut up, go to the moon with their own funding, or just close shop.

Associate
Part 3. Much shorter and you can definitely tell Elon was waning at this point. Still some really good footage that we'd pretty much never get to see.

Back
Top Bottom