** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Associate
So Blue Origin are now suing NASA over the HLS contract, which no doubt will slow down the return to the moon considerably. And on top of that BO's HLS Lead Engineer has walked, and joined SpaceX. Is this what burning bridges looks like? Because I feel like it is. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Doubt that law suit will even get off the ground, SpaceX were cheaper and further along with progress towards making it a reality.

And within a month they will have the facilities to launch Starship fully constructed and operational at a basic level.

Associate
Do we think there's a new guy in legal trying to get Jeffs attention, AWS suing the US govt. over some contract or other and now BO doing the same with NASA, wtaf?!

By all unconfirmed reports, this is Bob Smith and Jeff Bezos' doing.

In other news, Lauren Lyons, ex SpaceX engineer and broadcast host, is now also ex BO HLS Lead Systems Engineer after moving to Firefly and becoming their new COO.

Even if BO successfully sued NASA which they almost certainly won't, they'll have no HLS team left anyway.

Soldato
An old (free) LM PC simulator. Default ground view position moved to Surveyor 3 camera position. What it might have recorded, had Surveyor still been working.... and had a better video camera..... and pan/tilt function when Apollo 12 landed.

Soldato
And in a few more years it will be scrap.

Really surprised they didn't put in some kind of refueling mechanism even if they never thought anyone would ever do it

If we're talking about the James Webb, then I think they have included a docking collar onto it, just in case something ever needs/can dock to it. So it's not beyond the possibility something can be thought up to prolong its life. But the fact its at L2? I think, not sure there's anything remotely capable of reaching it, could starship do it? I might have to have a search, see if Scott Manley has addressed that question./

Back
Top Bottom