Esther Dingley disappearance in the Pyrenees

Can't type for toffee
Don
Her Partner has been trawling the router since November, think I read that on BBC.
There was a pretty decent map of her actual route and then all of the additional routes he'd walked.

If it is correct and she has died then I hope it was a quick and painless death and nothing something darker.

EDIT: yes its the BBC link in the OP that shows the map...

BBC said:
The interminable wait ended in spring when I returned to the Pyrenees. Since then I've hiked for more than 700 miles (1,130km), ascending close to a total of 330,000ft (100,000m), snaking across every accessible bit of mountainside surrounding Esther's route.

Associate
Now that's not very progressive of you, is it? :D

I encourage all women to go trekking in dangerous places to prove that they are better than men.

Also you can make it like a survival video game - take zero resources and forage and make your own shelter before nightfall.

If you see a bear or big cat, its totally fine to cuddle them. Bonus points if its a baby bear, feel free to make it your new pet.

I encourage all women to go trekking in dangerous places to prove that they are better than men.

Also you can make it like a survival video game - take zero resources and forage and make your own shelter before nightfall.

If you see a bear or big cat, its totally fine to cuddle them. Bonus points if its a baby bear, feel free to make it your new pet.

Making an idiot out of yourself on a thread about the tragic death of someone isn’t something to be proud of.

Soldato
Caporegime
I just can't believe that it's one man searching by himself that finds her when the police couldn't.
I must admit my immediate thought was cynically that if he'd killed her he would have course know where the body was. He wouldn't be the first killer to 'find' their victim.
Hope either way that her passing was swift and as painless as possible

Can't type for toffee
Don
At least they have closure as other have said, massive shame.

When the whole "a bone" had been discovered I was thinking liek a finger or toe or summit, not as other sources are saying a skull or skull fragment :(

From the info I've seen where the bone was discovered was a route that had been covered multiple times wonder why the body is being found so close now.

Suppose it would do away with the idea of animals scavenging, not sure of what large animals roam these parts capable of moving a whole body.

Caporegime
At least they have closure as other have said, massive shame.

When the whole "a bone" had been discovered I was thinking liek a finger or toe or summit, not as other sources are saying a skull or skull fragment :(

From the info I've seen where the bone was discovered was a route that had been covered multiple times wonder why the body is being found so close now.

Suppose it would do away with the idea of animals scavenging, not sure of what large animals roam these parts capable of moving a whole body.

The main scavengers up there are Egyptian vultures. You do get wolves and bears but they're rare and don't tend to snuffle about in the peaks.

Caporegime
Birds would have a nibble I imagine.

As for the "He probably killed her" speculation - I mean it's possible.

More likely is that even after finding the skull fragment, sufficient resources weren't allocated to recovering her body, so he decided to go looking himself.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see just how close her body was found to the route she was on. Hopefully they can work out a realistic cause of death, to give the family some closure.

I can't see how her boyfriend would have killed her
Firstly, he was staying 100 miles away from where she was at the time of her disappearance. Also, why would he now 'find' her body? Surely if you were the killer and only you knew where she was, you would get rid of the body and make sure it was never found again.

Caporegime
Also, why would he now 'find' her body? Surely if you were the killer and only you knew where she was, you would get rid of the body and make sure it was never found again.

It's not uncommon for killers to return to the scene or infact do that. Arsonists are another group that frequently report their own crimes.
This is massive speculation though!

Soldato
Most likely scenario is that she had an accident. I'm not familiar with the area but it looks like proper mountains, doesn't take much to trip/slip and crack your head. Or even just bust your ankle and die of exposure overnight if you can't get phone signal and don't have appropriate equipment. Even that won't always be enough if you're properly remote and no-ones likely to come across you.

I'm sure it'll be easy enough to say from post-mortem.

RIP, anyway.

Caporegime
Most likely scenario is that she had an accident. I'm not familiar with the area but it looks like proper mountains, doesn't take much to trip/slip and crack your head. Or even just bust your ankle and die of exposure overnight if you can't get phone signal and don't have appropriate equipment. Even that won't always be enough if you're properly remote and no-ones likely to come across you.

I'm sure it'll be easy enough to say from post-mortem.

RIP, anyway.

From the sounds of it she's skeletonised or at least very heavily decomposed. Could make things difficult, particularly if there are still parts missing.

Soldato
9/10 likely to be boyfriend, has he been ruled out as a suspect yet?

She was travelling alone in their van (their only means of transport) and the bf was 100+ miles away in a different country. I guess the police have probably done a bit more investigation than that - maybe checking phone locations, speaking to witnesses, etc but he was ruled out as a suspect very early on.

Soldato
She was travelling alone in their van (their only means of transport) and the bf was 100+ miles away in a different country. I guess the police have probably done a bit more investigation than that - maybe checking phone locations, speaking to witnesses, etc but he was ruled out as a suspect very early on.

No need for any of that evidence or due process nonsense. The great minds of GD have already decided it was the boyfriend - string him up/send him down.

Back
Top Bottom