• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hi,

I am currenty running a 3080ti FE with a corsair waterblock XG7 RGB using pre applied thermal paste and pads with 2 radiators cooling the GPU first in the loop. At idle my hotspot 70/71 and under heaven benchmark load it's at 104. From my little knowledge I know this is too high especially for a custom loop watercooled build.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply. Where is the hotspot measured? Is it on the core or mem chip/vrms?
The hotspot reading is from the GPU die. Those contain a whole array of thermal sensors, and the hot spot measurement represents the hottest one. It's likely that your water block is making poor contact with the die at a specific point. Pre-applied thermal paste is generally a very thin layer, so that might be the cause. You'll probably want to remount it with a decent amount of a decent thermal paste applied by yourself.

Associate
How long has the block been on? Sometimes the temps will improve as the thermal pads on other components squash and you get better core contact.

I have had temps drop about 15 degrees over the first couple of weeks before. However. Yours is very high. Definitely a core contact issue. I’d go for a remount as above.

Associate
OP
Fixed the issue...Corsair are so stupid the put a tiny bit of thermal paste on their water blocks...after draining the loop (massive ball ache) I took off the gpu block and the thermal paste was only overing 1 quarter of the core...1 QUARTER! :mad:...cleaned it all and applied my own paste filled the loop again no more hotspot dropped to 45 :eek:...Corsair need to sort their **** :mad:...thanks for the advice much appreciated :D

Back
Top Bottom