**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Is the Flip (and by extension, the Fold) worth it compared to the other current Galaxy offerings, such as the S20 and S10?
How long will the not-real-glass screen last before it scratches to hell, creases to buggery and fills with grit to the point where the hinge fails?
Are the components all a compromise in order to achieve the form factor?
How good is the camera.

Genuinely interested, as the above are all reasons I've been told I shouldn't get one.... yet I'm still considering it.

Associate
OP
Couldn't tell you about the future of the screen, hinges due to only having a few days.

The camera is good but not s21 ultra good.

I now have the fold 3 which I prefer so going to sell on my flip 3.

Associate
OP
Has anyone sent a phone back to Samsung when they have traded another mobile in?

I have sent the flip 3 back due to the terrible battery life, I used the returns dpd label and took to my local drop off point.

Now I traded a phone to the value of £400 what happens regarding this? I have had confirmation the trade in is complete.

Do I get the £400 in the refund back or the trade in phone sent back to me?

Soldato

I had loads of hassle when I was in a similar position. I had to phone Samsung's recycling centre (who had a massive telephone queue all the time) and ask them to locate the phone I'd sent in. I can't actually remember what happened in the end - I don't think I was out of pocket, but the whole experience was truly appalling. I'd be interested to hear how it turns out for you.

Associate
OP
I had loads of hassle when I was in a similar position. I had to phone Samsung's recycling centre (who had a massive telephone queue all the time) and ask them to locate the phone I'd sent in. I can't actually remember what happened in the end - I don't think I was out of pocket, but the whole experience was truly appalling. I'd be interested to hear how it turns out for you.

Oh great, I look forward to this then, NOT!!

Soldato
Has anyone sent a phone back to Samsung when they have traded another mobile in?

I have sent the flip 3 back due to the terrible battery life, I used the returns dpd label and took to my local drop off point.

Now I traded a phone to the value of £400 what happens regarding this? I have had confirmation the trade in is complete.

FYI and for others , you have 14 days to send in the trade in device to Samsung so make 100% sure the phone you bought is a keeper before sending the trade in phone on.

I’ve read mixed reports about this on Reddit, best bet is to get into Samsung chat and ask them to get on the case.

Associate
OP
I'll update this when they receive the flip 3 back and see how I get on.

Just spoke to CS who said they refund and mtr refund the trade in value, we will see??

I hope they don't treat me bad because I also purchased a Fold 3 from them which I am keeping.

Associate
picked up one of these via samsung to try, my last flip phone was a samsung T100:eek: (long time ago) this thing does bring back the nostalgia.

must admit I wrote it off straight away within the first 5 mins..... but saying that it has grown on me quite a bit after giving it a proper try for 30mins with all the settings tweaked to my liking. which is a surprise coming from the note 20 ultra.... looking to use it as a supplementing phone rather than a replacement for the note. As the note is just too big sometimes.

the cameras are good for 12mp which was my main concern

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bloody terrible service, lost over £200

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately your trade in device has been recycled, we can therefore offer the current market value of £190.00.

Please provide your Bank details so we can get this payment processed for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Julia Corderoy

Samsung Recycle Team

Soldato
Well neither Samsung or MTR will help so goodbye Samsung and welcome back Apple.

Samsung customer service is truly appalling and it seems to be based in fifty different countries so you have zero hope of someone taking ownership of a problem. And since every Samsung sale requires you to combine 10% off vouchers, trade-ins, claimable products, cash back and so on, it's a recipe for something to go wrong.

Apple have many, many flaws (and I won't buy another iPhone while they are performing on-device scanning), but their customer service is great.

Associate
after a couple of days I'm actually finding the battery life to be quite good on this little phone, im very surprised. I haven't finished a day on less than 45% it might be that only having a 1080 screen may be the reason?

then again I'm not the type of person that's glued to their phone..... but I definitely need to charge it less than my note 20 ultra.

one of the suprising simple pleasures of this phone, is that it feels very disconnected and I quite like that:D

Associate
^ definitely agree with this. I like the little cover screen where you can view notifications. Phone stays closed most of the day.
I think the hype about battery life was really aimed at power users looking for lots of screen-on time.

It's a great little phone. Thought I'd miss my Note 10+ more, but liking this a lot.

Back
Top Bottom