Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2021, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12

Rate the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I offered solutions, you seem to ignore them. The FIA could try following their own rules on the clock - they seemed to make up their own today. By 6pm it was obvious there couldn’t be a race. Refund the fans, easy. Sure, ‘no solution’. Can you read?

Don’t bother replying, I won’t be reading this thread.
I’m glad, the IQ of the thread will rise now you are no longer taking part.

Associate
I feel for the fans who've been shafted today. They should all be able to get refunds and rightfully so however, as Masi decided to send them out for two pointless laps they can award points and thus an "event" has taken place and they'll kick up saying no to refunds as Masi put on a race for the crowds.. :rolleyes: if they knew it was this bad and wasn't going to let up and for the uber safety of the drivers, they should have called it hours ago and bit the bullet. Let's hope that F1 and ticket providers have the decency to give back the money fans paid to see "this"...

Soldato
Well if I've learnt something today that 2 laps constitutes a race and you get none of your money back! Shocked at that. Cricket etc it's usually a sliding scale depending on how many overs are bowled.

Amazed 2 laps is enough to lose all your ticket fee.

Man of Honour
Tell the drivers the race is going ahead whether they like it or not and if they don't like it then don't race. It's not like they're going to be racing at full speed and get paid peanuts. The problem is it needs someone with a spine and they are few and far between these days.
Not sure if actually serious? I mean just wow. You want to see someone potentially die or the drivers given the option of putting their life on the line purely for your satisfaction?

Man of Honour
So what is supposed to happen in your ideal world? Track refunds the tickets and they lose a metric ****ton of money, which puts future F1 races at Spa in jeopardy. Should the FIA or Liberty pick up the tab instead?
How dare you being logic into this?

Reading this thread is like being surrounded by Karen’s on Facebook.

Soldato
So what is supposed to happen in your ideal world? Track refunds the tickets and they lose a metric ****ton of money, which puts future F1 races at Spa in jeopardy. Should the FIA or Liberty pick up the tab instead?
How about reschedule like they do in other sports and like they did last year in F1 when races got postponed due to covid.

Transmission breaker
Don

I would be surprised if there was not some sort of insurance to cover this sort of incident in relation to refunds/weather issues?

Soldato
Rubbish 'race' and really bad for the fans that had paid to be there. Hopefully they'll get a refund but this is f1 so I'm sure they'll try to get out of it somehow (personal view, track refunds fans, fia/liberty refunds track fees).

Having said that.... really good result for Russell and williams, Russell now has more points than latifi which is a better representation of their pace this 'year' and williams now have 30 points and are basicaly guaranteed 8th place in the standings and the money that comes with it.

Soldato
How about reschedule like they do in other sports and like they did last year in F1 when races got postponed due to covid.

Again, who picks up the tab? They've run a 3 day event, with successful F3 and F2 races. OK, they had issues with the headline event, but they got other races today. Those fixed costs to stage it still remain the same, they don't suddenly disappear after rescheduling the F1 GP. Plus you're on the hook for another set of 3 day event fixed costs to do so.

It's not unknown at Spa, the 1985 race got cancelled after the resurfaced track was so soft you could scoop chunks out with your bare hands. That got cancelled very quickly, not late on the afternoon of the third day.

Associate
Why is the C4 highlights delayed and only an hour long FFS!!

So I can either pay £9.99 to watch an hour of Sky highlights, or wait for an hour of C4 highlights (instead of the usual 2.5 hours).

Back
Top Bottom