• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What AMD Vs Nvidia experiences have you had?

Soldato
I have good experiences from both from late 90s all the way to the present. I had mixture of tnt2/gf2 cards and Radeon 9xxx series cards in the early 2000s, but I really liked the Kyro II 3d prophet graphics card too - that was a big improvement across a lot of games. I never had the chance to own a 3dfx voodoo GPU though or a ATI Rage GPU back in the day though, so kinda feel left out with those especially.

In recent years I will admit that I've wanted AMD to be more competitive with Nvidia like they have with Intel, purely because of market dominance and ridiculous price increases.

Associate
I too have had good and bad from both camps.

Notable bad from AMD was my HD5850 crossfire setup. Nearly +90-100% performance WHEN it worked. But getting it to work was a pain
It was my first and last foray into multi-GPU setups.

Since then I have had all team green. My GTX970 was amazing. Lasted me 6 solid years without a hitch. Geforce Experience worked a treat tweaking game settings to keep things playable.

Id have happily tried a 68/900XT this time around, but it was much harder to get AMD cards when I got my 3080.

Associate
Had both, both have been pretty similar, Nvidia usually start out the better then AMD slowly gets back when they sort their drivers out, wouldn't bother me having either brand thought I do admit I usually just buy a NV card plug it in and forget about it.

Associate
OP
I too have had good and bad from both camps.

Notable bad from AMD was my HD5850 crossfire setup. Nearly +90-100% performance WHEN it worked. But getting it to work was a pain
It was my first and last foray into multi-GPU setups.

Since then I have had all team green. My GTX970 was amazing. Lasted me 6 solid years without a hitch. Geforce Experience worked a treat tweaking game settings to keep things playable.

Id have happily tried a 68/900XT this time around, but it was much harder to get AMD cards when I got my 3080.
I'm still using my 970 from about 3 or 4 years ago, it was bought from the OCUK market, bios flashed, overclocked... Still runs like a beauty.

Soldato
I've always bought what I could when I could based on best bang per buck. Not had more problems with one over another.

Soldato
Equally and overwhelmingly good experiences with both over the years. I had an Nvidia card fail almost straight away many years ago and and EVGA replaced it with a much better brand new card. Never had any driver issues, I've had cards that ran far too hot but we're talking 2000's here and I quickly sold both and replaced them, one AMD and one NV.

I've had AMD since about 2012 because they were simply better VFM up until this gen, then bought a 3060ti in December and very happy with that.

I've found the easiest way to be happy with your card is to stop inccesantly fiddling with it and play games...

;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom