What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It seems the BB58 is finally quite easy to get hold of. Walked into a dealer yesterday 'just to look' and walked out with my first 'luxury' watch :) (my most expensive watch before this was a CW Trident)

I've been after one for a couple of years but wanted to try one first and nowhere had any stock.

Got to say, it was worth the wait. I love it. The dial is amazing and I love the snow flake hand. The bracelet is a bit cheap by comparison but it's nice enough for me.

Congrats, I love that colour combo BB58. Enjoy!

Soldato
A bunch of crazy watches!

Haha I just watched this. I quite like PM - a real character. I wonder if his red diamond ear ring is really worth $6m...!

I wondered where the nuts Conor McGregor 'sexy' watch came from. He has been flaunting his roulette wheel quite recently.

The $7m diamond watch is nuts too.

Soldato
All,

I'm really struggling to get a strap I love for my SARB017. I spotted this racing strap:

d0FLHEx.jpeg

Which I think I am in love with. However it is no longer made. Does anyone have a lead on one that looks identical? There are lots of non-cushioned, flat leather versions - but this one appears to be cushioned with uniform holes?

I've exhausted the WatchGecko website and emailed them :(

Associate
No idea but I'll follow with interest. That strap looks great. I have a Colareb leather strap on my SARB017 currently which is great, but it is starting to look a little worn.

Colareb do have something similar but I don't think it's cushioned.

Soldato
All,

I'm really struggling to get a strap I love for my SARB017. I spotted this racing strap:

d0FLHEx.jpeg

Which I think I am in love with. However it is no longer made. Does anyone have a lead on one that looks identical? There are lots of non-cushioned, flat leather versions - but this one appears to be cushioned with uniform holes?

I've exhausted the WatchGecko website and emailed them :(
Isn't it the one below... it's a watchgecko strap according to the image.... because I wouldn't say that is overly padded considering the left strap looking at the image.
https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-kington-racing-genuine-leather-watch-strap

Last edited:
Associate
My Zelos watch has been in limbo with FedEx for 2 weeks now. They claim "Clearance instructions from the importer are required." for them, the importer is Zelos, not me (huh, *I* ordered it in this country!)! And when I email Zelos, they haven't been contacted by FedEx, while FedEx twitter support claims they have contacted the importer. Friggin' nightmare here, FedEx is now really completely toxic to use as a transport.

Soldato
My Zelos watch has been in limbo with FedEx for 2 weeks now. They claim "Clearance instructions from the importer are required." for them, the importer is Zelos, not me (huh, *I* ordered it in this country!)! And when I email Zelos, they haven't been contacted by FedEx, while FedEx twitter support claims they have contacted the importer. Friggin' nightmare here, FedEx is now really completely toxic to use as a transport.
I wouldn't be shocked if it's the vat & 'admin fee's' that companies like fedex like to add on top of it, which according to zelos website you need to pay (checked junk email etc I assume for any new bills from fedex).

Ultimately though, you have a contract with zelos and they haven't delivered your order.... I'd be asking zelos to chase up fedex due to the fact they picked fedex for delivery and you're now stuck without a watch due to something you have no knowledge of or access to information about.

This is part of the reason I don't like importing things of value, you're so easily left in limbo.

Soldato
Caporegime
It seems the BB58 is finally quite easy to get hold of. Walked into a dealer yesterday 'just to look' and walked out with my first 'luxury' watch :) (my most expensive watch before this was a CW Trident)

I've been after one for a couple of years but wanted to try one first and nowhere had any stock.

Got to say, it was worth the wait. I love it. The dial is amazing and I love the snow flake hand. The bracelet is a bit cheap by comparison but it's nice enough for me.

New video by Watchfinder gushing about the BB58 (he has already done multiple videos on it)

I think he likes it. :p :D

Soldato
BB58 went straight into the collection at the same level of lust as my Seamster and two Alpinists. Instant-win. The Speedy I am still not convinced about I am sorry to say!

In fact I am wearing the BB58 today :cool:

uoPgvFQ_d.webp

I really do like the new Christopher Ward C60 tide but do not think I have a place for it in the collection - I'd just wear my Seamaster.

I am very tempted by a C60 Anthropocene GMT or C63 Sealander GMT. I think it scratches the Rolex explorer itch without having to pay insane mark-up.

Caporegime
BB58 went straight into the collection at the same level of lust as my Seamster and two Alpinists. Instant-win. The Speedy I am still not convinced about I am sorry to say!

In fact I am wearing the BB58 today :cool:

I really do like the new Christopher Ward C60 tide but do not think I have a place for it in the collection - I'd just wear my Seamaster.

I am very tempted by a C60 Anthropocene GMT or C63 Sealander GMT. I think it scratches the Rolex explorer itch without having to pay insane mark-up.
If you have a BB58 and a Speedy then imo adding a brand like CW, that has no pedigree and yet still carries a relatively high price (around half of a BB58), makes little sense unless you REALLY love the design of that watch. CW watches have (again, imo) bad branding (the logo and font is now awful), mediocre design language and the residuals are not great as a result. I would buy used and let someone else take the depreciation hit.

Soldato
The Anthropocene is stunning but … are those 4 screw heads on the dial ??
Yeah, a bit odd isn't it!

If you have a BB58 and a Speedy then imo adding a brand like CW, that has no pedigree and yet still carries a relatively high price (around half of a BB58), makes little sense unless you REALLY love the design of that watch. CW watches have (again, imo) bad branding (the logo and font is now awful), mediocre design language and the residuals are not great as a result. I would buy used and let someone else take the depreciation hit.
Funnily enough I was just exploring eBay. They are really in the early days of finding themselves aren't they - came across all sorts of weird and wonderful watches with a different CW logo one each :p

Maybe I'll hold off.

I am also going to pay scalper prices on a Seiko Beatmaker :o

Soldato
Yeah, a bit odd isn't it!
Funnily enough I was just exploring eBay. They are really in the early days of finding themselves aren't they - came across all sorts of weird and wonderful watches with a different CW logo one each :p

Maybe I'll hold off.
I am also going to pay scalper prices on a Seiko Beatmaker :o

The screws are made even worse by the fact they're all at different angles... if you want a 'design feature' of screws at least have them matching/symmetrical when they're screwed in. Personally I'd have preferred a solid white dial rather than the slightly translucent one they've given it as well.

I keep going back and forwards on a Christopher Ward watch, I've like the c65 gmt (the older anthropocene was based on this) but just didn't buy it for some reason (didn't really need another black or blue watch probably), the new sealander c63 gmt (in white) again has taken my fancy but I'm not going on a waiting list for it and I still have minor concerns over a 39mm watch for my 8 inch wrist, but then most of the 'similar' watches are the same 39mm size.....

I'm going to be a bit weird, I don't actually mind the new logo, is it the best ever, not in the slightest, but it's not offensive or anything to me.... as for the price and heritage, they're 2 years younger than Bremont (cw 2004, Bremont 2002) and Bremont charge a lot more for their watches. Now it's not like for like but still, I'd even go as far as to say CW watches are 'fairly' priced all things considered.

Associate
BB58 went straight into the collection at the same level of lust as my Seamster and two Alpinists.

Still love the BB58 and it's a keeper for sure. It's also my first no-date watch and I'm surprised how much I prefer the symmetry vs having a date window. I just need to learn to stop trying to check the date on it :cry:

Back
Top Bottom