What watch do you wear?

Soldato
How can we see the previous and new prices is there a tracker? Can you show these differences somehow?

No particular tracker sorry, I have screenshots on my phone as I was making a note of the ones I was keen on.

Rolex are so crazily in demand and undersupplied that it is highly unlikely that they would lower the rrp by 12.5%. I bet he was on a different international site or had tax deducted or something similar that applied to all prices he checked.

This is absolutely the case, frustrating but at least if they do get them in stock ADs aren't allowed to sell them for more than RRP. It has to be something to do with international pricing, though I can't see anywhere on the webpage that tells me which region it thinks I'm in and can't change location, only language. I've tried another browser on another device but no option to select a different region :confused:

Caporegime
No particular tracker sorry, I have screenshots on my phone as I was making a note of the ones I was keen on.

This is absolutely the case, frustrating but at least if they do get them in stock ADs aren't allowed to sell them for more than RRP. It has to be something to do with international pricing, though I can't see anywhere on the webpage that tells me which region it thinks I'm in and can't change location, only language. I've tried another browser on another device but no option to select a different region :confused:
I've put myself on na waiting list for a Sky Dweller (black dial and jubilee bracelet) to go with my OP 39mm white and am just going to wait and hope it comes within 12-24 months. It is absolutely not worth paying any significant amount over RRP for the stainless steel versions, and however nice they are, they are just watches so I am neither desperate nor in a rush. If you buy at RRP at least you know they are not going to go down in value and usually appreciate over time. My OP 39mm is now worth around double what I paid for it!

Caporegime
That's true, but if I've been wearing it all day I want to put it somewhere to re-charge and I don't want to have 2 different stands.
I would be surprised if you find one as its a bit of an unusual and some may say unnecessary requirement to have an automatic watch holder with a specific kind of digital charger. Doesn't make much sense.

Soldato
Don't often have cause to post in here, as although I like a decent watch, I don't tend to be a collector, nor have I owned anything particularly swish.

I've worn a practical Citizen Eco-drive for the last 8 years or so, but as it was my birthday recently, my girlfriend offered to buy me a nice replacement as a gift. I liked the look of Christopher Ward, they seem to be a nice blend of style, decent quality, and not hideously expensive that I would baulk at wearing one everyday. I went for the C60 Elite 1000 with rubber-back textile strap (I've always worn metal bracelets but wanted to move away from those).

e8ypzkK.jpg

tgbIkjp.jpg

Very happy with it, think this is my first watch with a proper Swiss movement. Feels nice on the wrist; the casing is heavier and larger than my old Citizen, but with no metal strap, it feels lighter and less rattly overall. Everything about it feels quality as well...the bezel action, the smoothness of the action, etc...not something I'm used to. Shame my photography skills aren't up to the same quality, but you get the idea.

Not a patch on some of the stuff everyone else owns, but I am delighted with it :)

Soldato
That’s a really nice watch. Love the colours! Christopher Ward watches have been on my radar for some time now but I keep swithering about whether to get one or not. Maybe for Christmas :D

Soldato
Made a huge mistake this weekend and wore my vintage Blancpain during a rather sweaty and rambunctious music festival. It's now got condensation on the inside of the glass. Drying it out at the moment, then gonna get the seals checked.

Associate
It seems the BB58 is finally quite easy to get hold of. Walked into a dealer yesterday 'just to look' and walked out with my first 'luxury' watch :) (my most expensive watch before this was a CW Trident)

I've been after one for a couple of years but wanted to try one first and nowhere had any stock.

Got to say, it was worth the wait. I love it. The dial is amazing and I love the snow flake hand. The bracelet is a bit cheap by comparison but it's nice enough for me.

Soldato
I just got randomly gifted an old Seiko 5 Auto, I quite like it.

1629975749612.png

Caporegime
It seems the BB58 is finally quite easy to get hold of. Walked into a dealer yesterday 'just to look' and walked out with my first 'luxury' watch :) (my most expensive watch before this was a CW Trident)

I've been after one for a couple of years but wanted to try one first and nowhere had any stock.

Got to say, it was worth the wait. I love it. The dial is amazing and I love the snow flake hand. The bracelet is a bit cheap by comparison but it's nice enough for me.
Very nice choice man, enjoy!

Associate
I prefer to wear something that is totally black. That makes me feel really cool. I have always envied those police guys but for health reasons I could not join the force. So, in short, I am just buying G-Shock for police officers now, and this makes me at least feel like I am there. Basically, comparison made me realise that this watch is extremely durable, so it can withstand high tension service like is always needed on these occasions.

Last edited:
Soldato
I prefer to wear something that is totally black.
https://survivalmag.net/wp-content/...or-police-cops-law-enforcement-duty.jpg[/IMG]
That makes me feel really cool. I have always envied those police guys but for health reasons I could not join the force. So, in short, I am just buying G-Shock for police officers now, and this makes me at least feel like I am there. Basically, comparison made me realise that this watch is extremely durable, so it can withstand high tension service like is always needed on these occasions.

This one for dressier occasions then: https://www.thewatchpages.com/watches/h-moser-cie-venturer-vantablack-black-hands-xl-2327-1213/

https://www.thewatchpages.com/app/u...lack-black-hands-xl-2327-1213-4-1520x1803.jpg

**Do Not Hotlink images**

Back
Top Bottom