Found a well…

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Very cool and interesting. As others have said, thanks for sharing and please keep doing so if you can :)

Soldato
brilliant find
how deep did you say 3m so far?

any ideas why there is that there
could it be something to do with the local history in the area?

Associate
OP
there used to be a windmill close by, long since gone. It was was the only one in the area too which makes it such a shame... I live by the coast and when someone needed a mill round here, they built a water mill instead. From what I gather, its fairly common to have a well near a wind mill. Really lucky at least that part was on our land, especially as we only bought that particular bit a couple of years ago when the owners decided to sell it.

Associate
OP
brilliant find
how deep did you say 3m so far?

yep, the 'top' was not very deep, the water table was about 1.5-2m down. that rubble in the pic is about 2.5-3m down from ground level. Will have another update later on it - depending on how nice the weather stays :)

Soldato
yep, the 'top' was not very deep, the water table was about 1.5-2m down. that rubble in the pic is about 2.5-3m down from ground level. Will have another update later on it - depending on how nice the weather stays :)

sounds good
be careful
it might be deeper than you think.....
like the goonies well from the 80's

Associate
OP
We’ve actually hit the bottom of the rubble now, so there are some odd bits to bring up. The ladder ‘sinks’ now with human weight on it, so will need to rethink tactics if we want to go deeper. Standing is ok, bit like at the beach… but it was freaky as anything when the ladder sank a couple of inches for the first time!

absolutely not safe without the ladder now, before someone else points this out! We are aware :)

Soldato
I'm so excited for you, I'm welling up :cry:.

You've missed a trick though. You should have told the police you found a bone and I'm sure they would have cleared it for you :D.

Associate
OP
I'm so excited for you, I'm welling up :cry:.

You've missed a trick though. You should have told the police you found a bone and I'm sure they would have cleared it for you :D.

lol the thought did cross my mind, but to be honest, we are both kind of enjoying this :)

the rubble though is not going to be fun to get rid of… :(

Back
Top Bottom