Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The bias on social media, to me anyway, has gone from funny to pretty shocking. F1 put a post up on Instagram and nearly every message I saw was about Lewis trying to kill Max, Mercedes paying the FIA, Lewis making up his neck pain etc. It just seems to be a mass brain washed society that accepts no other explanation than Max is in the right. It's not just Instagram, it's on a lot of F1 web sites where comments are allowed.

People hate others being successful and love an underdog.

Perhaps they've forgotten the moniker "Ferrari International Assistance" - Although, to be fair, Ferrari had far more influence back then than Mercedes ever will.

If in 10 years time, Max has won 7 titles and is rarely challenged, there will be a similar group of haters. Those that are content are never as noisy ;)

Soldato
People hate others being successful and love an underdog.

Perhaps they've forgotten the moniker "Ferrari International Assistance" - Although, to be fair, Ferrari had far more influence back then than Mercedes ever will.

If in 10 years time, Max has won 7 titles and is rarely challenged, there will be a similar group of haters. Those that are content are never as noisy ;)

Its called the MAFIA now apparently.. :D The FIA apparently want Mercedes to win. Which is why they nerfed them with this seasons mini rule changes rather than letting them just remain dominant with the previous seasons rules... (I've tried to argue this with some of them but its like talking to a particularly unintelligent wall...)

Soldato
The current argument I’m finding funny it’s unfair that Hamilton only got a 10 sec penalty and Max got a 3 place grid drop. No-one seems to have worked out how you give a time penalty to someone who’s out the race :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Let's hope he is back to full fitness in time. It would be a shame if he had to pull out of a grand prix and the title battle is over.

Soldato
I almost overlooked how good Ricciardo was in the race, he probably would've won even if the crash hadn't happened or RB hadn't messed up Verstappens stop...

Great result for the McLarens, Ricciardo seems to generally do well here and I get the team telling Norris not to race him and getting the 1-2 'easily'.

I'm a bit torn on the crash/penalty... I dislike that the Lap 1 Turn 4 bit, where Verstappen just pushed Hamilton off track is seen as 'good clean racing', it's not, it's BS. But, seeing as that is allowed I'm glad Hamilton paid it back and Verstappen got penalised for being an idiot.

I also like that Hamilton both yields when the outcome is likely be worse for him (e.g. L1/T4, but also Imola and Barcelona and Silverstone before Copse and... you get the gist, Verstappen does it a lot...) but also twice now has got his elbows out and let the collision happen. Max doesn't seem like he'll learn but hey, makes for a good spectator sport.

Last edited:
Soldato
I almost overlooked how good Ricciardo was in the race, he probably would've won even if the crash hadn't happened or RB hadn't messed up Verstappens stop...

Great result for the McLarens, Ricciardo seems to generally do well here and I get the team telling Norris not to race him and getting the 1-2 'easily'.

I'm a bit torn on the crash/penalty... I dislike that the Lap 1 Turn 4 bit, where Verstappen just pushed Hamilton off track is seen as 'good clean racing', it's not, it'll BS. But, seeing as that is allowed I'm glad Hamilton paid it back and Verstappen got penalised for being an idiot.

I also like that Hamilton both yields when the outcome is likely be worse for him (e.g. L1/T4, but also Imola and Barcelona and Silverstone before Copse and... you get the gist, Verstappen does it a lot...) but also twice now has got his elbows out and let the collision happen. Max doesn't seem like he'll learn but hey, makes for a good specatotor sport.
Out of all the posts on the crash this one, for me, nails it. Thanks SKILL :)

Commissario
Did anyone else feel the lack of immediate steward /Safety crew presence felt a bit wrong? I mean, one car wedged under the other and possibility of damaged fuel/hydraulic/radiator lines. Could have been leaking boiling hot fluids over the driver and potentially a fire?
I've noticed that a lot this year, there's been more than one incident where the driver has sat there in the car for [what seems like] quite a while before any of the marshalls approach.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I've noticed that a lot this year, there's been more than one incident where the driver has sat there in the car for [what seems like] quite a while before any of the marshalls approach.

Isn't this because of electrical safety from the batteries? They can give out a life threatening shock so they need to ensure the car is safe to approach (and disembark). I'm sure they'll know if the driver has reported back their condition as to whether to risk wading in.

Soldato
I think if the driver has reported they are fine then the marshals are instructed to wait until the cars have been bunched up or a gap appears. Obviously if there was any obvious danger or the driver didn't respond or seemed agitated then they wouldn't wait for any signal.

It's now standard practice in some other series to wait in the car until told you can get out (again obviously if something like fire occurs then you don't wait).

Isn't this because of electrical safety from the batteries? They can give out a life threatening shock so they need to ensure the car is safe to approach (and disembark). I'm sure they'll know if the driver has reported back their condition as to whether to risk wading in.
And they wouldn't know if it was safe as the indicator had been ripped off with the T camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom