Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Watching the replays again, it's funny the way he casually walks across the track instead of getting out of there. Sorta has a 'nobody else matters except me' diva vibe.

As awful as it sounds, Max needs to have ten bells kicked out of him. He's always had his family to back him up, including his dad who fights all his fights for him, so he's never learned that there are consequences for behaving the way he does. He's got no humility at all.

The fact his entire family are basically Dutch do-as-you-likeys just adds to this, which is why he's never been on the receiving end of a knuckle sandwich.

Make no mistake, the whole Verstappen family is nasty, every single one of them. One of the most hated families in Holland.

Soldato
Watching the replays again, it's funny the way he casually walks across the track instead of getting out of there. Sorta has a 'nobody else matters except me' diva vibe.

Just another one of the ****ish things that Verstappen would think of when he saw Hamilton trying to reverse out, "If I walk behind his car then he won't be going anywhere"

Associate
I wouldn't be surprised if Max's comments straight after the incident helped towards getting him the penalty.

Maybe, making the comment when Hamilton was still in his car was probably not wise.

Even though Hamilton seemed fine, it just doesn't look good. I would hope the Stewards wouldn't take that into consideration but who knows, Stewards are often ex-drivers so they might not have appreciated the comment.

Soldato
I don't really care he didn't go over and check, didn't expect him too.

It was the storming off up a live track that got my attention.

He's just had a crash there, who knows what could have come around that corner even under yellows.

Caporegime
Assuming Lewis is ok (hope so), do you think there's an element of him that might be scared of Max (or rather his recklessness) now? Usually Lewis is excellent at taking the bad days and coming back strong.. but I just wonder that if he might back out of the next 50;50 if only to save his own life...

That's where you would be hoping for the stewards to step in. In the old days when F1 was actually quite dangerous drivers would give each other room because neither wanted to be involved in a collision, today drivers deliberately use their cars as weapons hoping that the other drive will back down, it's basically like a game of chicken with Verstappen and whenever Hamilton has held his nerve they've collided.

I don't know why the authorities don't just pass a rule that if you take a line that either forces another driver off the track or into taking evasive action to avoid a collision then it's a penalty, I mean everyone wants to see more overtaking but as the stewards made clear yesterday all the defending driver has to do is to just take the inside line and run wide on the exit blocking any move and it's fine as long as the attacking driver ****'s himself and backs down or takes to a run off, only if there's a crash it's punishable. Not exactly encouraging either safety or racing though is it?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

To be fair, if someone's car was parked on my head I'd be trying to reverse out of the situation too :p

Soldato
Leclerc impressed me yesterday. He was going for an overtake on Bottas (i think it was?) backed out and cut the chicane but got ahead of him. So he gave the place back while still being close enough to get a tow and sail by him into the next corner. Its sneaky but its also really quick thinking and is what you need to maximise your performances.

Hamilton did this to kimi in spa and got the race win taken away from him

Edit. Seems a few people mentioned this , still catching up on thread

Man of Honour
One wouldn't think that, seeing the amount of cloggy support at the recent races.
Verstappen has an army of fans including social media. Looking through his Twitter there are many that don't believe that he can put a foot wrong and they are still saying he tried to kill Hamilton at Silverstone. It's highly amusing reading.

Caporegime
One wouldn't think that, seeing the amount of cloggy support at the recent races.

Well, when I lived in Holland, Jos was still racing and the Dutch hated him with a passion, to the point of being ashamed of him. It was the whole family though, they were known as Dutch travellers, leaving nothing but destruction and mess in their wake whilst constantly getting in to fights. Jos was arrested for attempted murder for trying to flatten his girlfriend with a car, a charge which mysteriously disappeared. He also cracked someone's skull after getting in to a fight over who was allowed to use a go kart track.

Like I said, they're absolute scum and anyone supporting them is likely the same.

After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[33]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife.[34] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[35]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[36] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[37] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[38] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[39] They divorced on 20 June 2017.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos...,Controversy,court settlement with the victim.

Soldato
That was my thought, presumably at the time he was trapped in the car or close to it and really didn't want to hang around.
Especially with Verstappen revving the engine still!

I'm amazed all the stuff about Jos. My girlfriend was a bigger fan than me back in those days and didn't know about any of that. Attempted murder wtf :eek:

Soldato
Did anyone else feel the lack of immediate steward /Safety crew presence felt a bit wrong? I mean, one car wedged under the other and possibility of damaged fuel/hydraulic/radiator lines. Could have been leaking boiling hot fluids over the driver and potentially a fire?

I don't know - kind of felt like there should have been a quicker response? Maybe just me though?

Soldato
Hamilton did this to kimi in spa and got the race win taken away from him

Edit. Seems a few people mentioned this , still catching up on thread
Hamilton also drove into the rear of Kimi's car in the pits whilst Kim was waiting for the red light to change, Canada 2008. Should have received a race ban for that reckless and dangerous behaviour but only received a 10 place grid penalty. Lewis then just brushed it off as 'not seeing the red light', and 'these things happen'. Imagine all the dummies being spat at the ground if Max had done this to Lewis..

Soldato
Verstappen has an army of fans including social media. Looking through his Twitter there are many that don't believe that he can put a foot wrong and they are still saying he tried to kill Hamilton at Silverstone. It's highly amusing reading.

I've noticed this on the F1 posts on the various social medias lately.

Last edited:
Associate
Hamilton also drove into the rear of Kimi's car in the pits whilst Kim was waiting for the red light to change, Canada 2008. Should have received a race ban for that reckless and dangerous behaviour but only received a 10 place grid penalty. Lewis then just brushed it off as 'not seeing the red light', and 'these things happen'. Imagine all the dummies being spat at the ground if Max had done this to Lewis..

I would not even compare, it was a genuine brain-fart moment, even Kimi didn't berate Lewis, simply pointing to the red light.

Coulthard and his comment at the start of the race at turn 4, Lewis expected Max to leave space because its "Max" and had to bail is no surprise etc, then when the shoe is on the other foot, Lewis blamed because he never left space and causing the collision? C4 Red Bull bias drives me nuts.

I think it was deliberate move, Max could have bailed but instead, went all in. Not a fan of Max or Red Bull at all. Max making a point of not checking on Lewis, probably a tit for tat move, likely because Max still feels aggrieved at Lewis' behaviour at Silverstone, when Lewis was unaware Max was in hospital and celebrated the win.

Enjoyed the race, delighted to see McLaren, felt a little for Lando, but good to see Danny finding his old form. Valtteri was great, and well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom