Do you always use the same toothpaste?

Caporegime
I know there’s a similar thread on toilet rolls, but it’s something I am genuinely wondering.

Do you guys stick to the same toothpaste and mouthwash, or chop and change? Do you buy the same whatever the price, or grab whichever one is on offer?

If you stick to the same, what’s your chosen product?

Myself, I have used Oral B pro expert for about 4 years now. Pricey, but good stuff. I chop and change mouthwash based on price as I don’t feel that’s as important as a good paste.

Soldato
I generally change, using CB12 toothpaste and The Breath Co mouthwash at the moment. My brother was whining about toothache a few days back as he doesn’t look after his teeth they’re like a row of condemned houses or like a witch doctors necklace :D

Caporegime
OP
I generally change, using CB12 toothpaste and The Breath Co mouthwash at the moment. My brother was whining about toothache a few days back as he doesn’t look after his teeth they’re like a row of condemned houses or like a witch doctors necklace :D
I still feel sorry for him, toothache is the worst pain the world

Associate
I’m not convinced i need it and it may possibly be bad. Or good. Depends what you read who you believe.

I recall an old reddit thread where a dentist was doing an AMA and his one plea was to use a toothpaste with flouride , but i don't recall the exact reasons unfortunately.

I go for colgate or sensodyne, don't stray out of these two.

Associate
i guess along the same topic, you can add:

how much does everyone paste on their toothbrush.. a massive blob or a pea sized blob?

I heard (also from a dentist ama) that a small pea sized blob is more than sufficient, and so have been doing the same... though i use to cover the whole toothbrush with it when i was young

Man of Honour
I’ve used Macleans freshmint for years, I like the minty taste I guess.
I often used Colgate up until 1981-2, when I started a relationship with an American girl from Wildwood NJ, she told me that when her Marine Corps father returned to the U.S. from the Pacific at the end of WW2, Colgate wouldn’t give him his pre war job back, so her family boycotted anything made by Colgate.
She said that if I ever brought Colgate toothpaste with me when I flew over from London every 4 or 5 months to see her, I’d be sleeping on the couch, my momma didn’t raise no dummies, so I switched to Macleans.

Man of Honour
Sensodyne deep repair and before that repair and protect - I tried some others and didn't find anything which worked as well for me.

Oral-B Pro Expert mouthwash.

Regarding mouthwash - interestingly I noticed on some mouthwash (usually the ones that have a protective component) it says explicitly to use after brushing - my dentist always said not to use after brushing and/or to try and stagger it through the day. Noticed some as well say to use before brushing only.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Whatever good brand is on offer at the time
I heard (also from a dentist ama) that a small pea sized blob is more than sufficient, and so have been doing the same... though i use to cover the whole toothbrush with it when i was young
small blob only, tooth paste on the back always says don't brush your teeth more than twice a day too.
I bet every toothpaste advert shows giant sized amount totally covering the tooth brush so they can sell more

anyone brushing after every meal/coffee is doing it wrong if they use anything but plain water.

Back
Top Bottom