What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Just started season 2 of The X Files.

Absolutely loving it. I'm all for a series that has a storyline for the entire season but there is something refreshing about watching something that is episodic. If there is a bad episode, it only lasts 45 minutes.

It's a shame it wasn't made more recently. The stories still stack up really well but I bet it could've been special with todays CGI and technology.

Yep loving the re watch of x files. Quality viewing.

Currently nearing the end of season 3. Started back in October last year, Mrs and I dip in when we get a chance.

Solo watching the Wu-Tang saga. First episode in and I like it a lot.

Soldato
Just watched 'Help' on Channel 4. Wasn't going to watch it as I'm all covid-ed out
yes it looked rather predictable, and, like Vigil, watched the review of them by Gogglebox last night which rather confirmed my preconception.
didn't look as good as Stephen graham in the Bean prison series;
Gogglebox massacred Vigil - with the most melodramatic scenes.

Just finished The Hunter series 1 on all4 - its gomorra'esque.
there's nothing wrong with their online streaming quality just the adverts - pity the next series would require a VNC connection and Amazon USA subscription.
Seems Disney+ are showing (got) the walking dead series.

Soldato
Decided to give Sex Education a go last night, seems ok but the setting is really throwing me. It's clearly an american style school setup with all british actors and based in the UK I assume? Have we become so much like america we have any schools like this in the UK now? Big sports banners, US style 'jock' jackets, everyone wearing casual clothes and no uniforms?

Or should I just go and shout at some clouds :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah the whole setting of it is quite weird. Modern day, but very retro, clothes, cars etc. Its a great show.

Soldato
Yeah the whole setting of it is quite weird. Modern day, but very retro, clothes, cars etc. Its a great show.

I'll definitely stick with it, just jarring at the moment with the setup. Missus has seen it all and rates it highly but i'd initially been dismissive, I do like what i've seen so far for some light hearted raunchy comedy.

Soldato
Blasted through Loki, really enjoyed that, then on to WandaVision. I think as everyone knows, tough couple of episodes before it starts making any sense, but then pretty good, although...

...I'm a little confused. Wanda is basically an evil witch that tortured a town of thousands of people for weeks (days?) for her own selfish desires but we're supposed to see her as the hero?

Soldato
...I'm a little confused. Wanda is basically an evil witch that tortured a town of thousands of people for weeks (days?) for her own selfish desires but we're supposed to see her as the hero?

Feel they're setting her up as...

The next big bad guy, I had little sympathy for her by the end though. A good villain should be relatable and understanding their motives, that's why Thanos was go good. She went through terrible loss but she's not the only one, however due to her power, she wanders off into the sunset and gets away with all the pain she caused.

Soldato
Decided to give Sex Education a go last night, seems ok but the setting is really throwing me. It's clearly an american style school setup with all british actors and based in the UK I assume? Have we become so much like america we have any schools like this in the UK now? Big sports banners, US style 'jock' jackets, everyone wearing casual clothes and no uniforms?

Or should I just go and shout at some clouds :D

It's supposed to be a blend of US and UK, 80s nostalgia with a nod to John Hughes films such as Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles etc... It kind of works. I enjoyed all seasons, but some of the characters are really grating. Gillian Anderson is absolutely brilliant in the first season.

Soldato
"Band of Brothers". Watching 1 episode a week with my kids (15) and my wife. The kids thought the first 2 episodes were cool and action packed. Then I told them that everyone and everything on screen was real and actually happened. That shook them. Even my wife is rapt and she hates "war films". For an hour a week, no-one even glances at their phone. That shows the quality of the show.

Just watched "Carentan" and found out the Blithe didn't die in 1948 at all. The Easy Company guys thought he did but he actually survived, served in the US military for years until he died in 1967. He even went to the first reunion. How did the researchers miss that?

Soldato
Can't wait for SE 3, such a great series

Just finished S2 - wow!

Definitely recommend it. Post apocalyptic (no zombies) unlike The Walking Dead, this story continues with each episode, unlike TWD which draaaaaaag each episode and each season with filler.

Also unlike TWD who has a massive budget, but poor on the overall storyline, Into the Night has a great storyline, but not the greatest effects - although it does not detract from the story.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2577055257?

Back
Top Bottom