What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
8 Days To The Moon and Back.

An extended BBC documentary on the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. But the whole thing was using the words from Neil Armstrong and Co.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and it really is a spectacular thing they managed.

Most folks are aware of the historical audio and the landing footage taken from the data acquisition camera. But during the landing, only the audio was heard. The DAC film footage was added after they returned from the moon.

Adding video footage to the audio worked really well to show what was going on.

Soldato
It's the BBC, I know to expect wokeness going in, ignore it for the most part
looks like lots of people ignored it; unfortunately netflix never tell us what their UK body count is for comparison.

51442499688_cdc33e09aa_c_d.jpg

Soldato
looks like lots of people ignored it; unfortunately netflix never tell us what their UK body count is for comparison.

51442499688_cdc33e09aa_c_d.jpg
watching live on iplayer is horrible, it's like 480p res, rather jarring compared with watching Queen Emma in the tennis in crystal clear HD on prime

Soldato
The Hunt for a Killer: elements of The Wire (internal politics and plot development that's more real than satisfying) and a True Detective (series 1) feel to it. Not perfect, because it doesn't always flow well within episodes. But I watched all 6 episodes in 2 days, so it definitely has something. Knowing it's based on reality adds more than enough chilling edge to it to fill in what sometimes feel like gaps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p09lx0dh/the-hunt-for-a-killer?seriesId=p09lx0h1

The Hunt for a Killer: elements of The Wire (internal politics and plot development that's more real than satisfying) and a True Detective (series 1) feel to it. Not perfect, because it doesn't always flow well within episodes. But I watched all 6 episodes in 2 days, so it definitely has something. Knowing it's based on reality adds more than enough chilling edge to it to fill in what sometimes feel like gaps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p09lx0dh/the-hunt-for-a-killer?seriesId=p09lx0h1
I'm half way through episode 4 and think it is pretty good!

It's always so weird seeing people smoke indoors!

Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing.

I found this by accident the other day and found it so relaxing and funny that I'm rewatching all the series!

Lighthearted fun but I have to be careful and look away every time they get close to the bucket.

There are things in there I do NOT like!!

My brother showed me the Lost Boys when I was younger and a certain scene put me off eating rice for 7 years! Lol!

Associate
Black Summer S2. Can't say I'd go out for zombie shows but that has been something really fresh and exhilarating throughout. The chase scenes, fight choreography, camera tracking shots and direction are mind-blowing throughout both series. Some of the single-shot takes go on for 5 to 10 minutes and I found myself thinking on multiple occasions, "How the hell did they do this?". They did the Extraction spectacular practically every episode with Bourne fights without the shaky cam. They threw a few more "character-based" episodes towards the end of this season and one "White Horse" had an actor called Bechir Sylvain that I've never seen in anything who was bloody amazing. Everyone's solid, but his single episode blew me away.

Soldato
I am waiting for Squid Games to be released on Friday. It looks good and i have recently really enjoyed some of the Korean TV shows that are about.

Currently i am watching Farscape through again (3rd Time good job i have a poor memory) and its still great fun.

Soldato
Finished watching two shows lately.

Bosch. Solid show, but, I didn't think it was amazing either. It was beautifully filmed and looks fantastic in 4K. It was very slow though. Also, they kept putting Bosch in situations where his physical prowess was on display, like chasing down a suspect in one episode, where it was quite obvious that Bosch hadn't a hope of catching the guy, until they cut to a wide shot and suddenly Bosch turned into Usain Bolt! Or in the
small aircraft above with the lake with the two professional killers, where these Pro's suddenly decided to tell Bosch there were going to kill him. And then he proceeds to fight two of them off. It was joke
The show was littered with that kind of thing. It didn't need it. Still worth watching though and better than a lot of what's out there at the moment.

House MD. Finished this show a few nights ago, and now there is a big hole in my life :( From initially hating it, it became one of my favourite shows of all time. The medical side of things was really just background noise for the most part. House's interaction with everyone else was the show. While the main plot/story of each episode was good, the parts of the show I enjoyed the most were when House had to do Clinic hours.

Finding something to fill the void after these two shows is going to be hard. Not sure I will find anything as good as House. Been saving Loki for a rainy day, so might start that next.

Soldato
Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix, right back to day dot and the earliest roots of Hip Hop, I thought I knew a lot but this has been really engrossing. Even my wife has been watching who is absolutely not a hip hop fan and just likes bits of rap here and there in passing.

The guy doing the interviews/series clearly has a lot of passion and has gone to great effort to get interviews with so many of the original pioneers.

4 episode seasons, S1 being the start of hip hop, S2 mainly 80's and S3 into the east/west coast rivalries, which is where i'm currently up to.

Soldato
Just watched 'Help' on Channel 4. Wasn't going to watch it as I'm all covid-ed out and I run a sort of one person care home of my own, so... I dipped my toe in and got caught up rather quickly. Jody Comer is a great actress and this is gruelling TV. In a good way... I think.

Caring can be a lonely business at the best of times, and often it feels like help is thin on the ground unless it's a life or death emergency. But what happens when even 999's not there, and you're on your own with multiple folk to care for?

Back
Top Bottom