How you going to survive winter?

Man of Honour
Hate the cold weather...

Join the club, brrr.

Yes, I've been to Canada a few rimes. One of the projects I worked on was Icebreakers. One was in dry dock and -20C. That was not pleasant.....................:(

I was in Warsaw one New Year’s, I thought that that was cold, but that was before I went to Montréal one January.
In that same trip I went to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls where I felt the urge to pee, but it was so cold, that try as I might I couldn’t find my you know what, so suspended operations until I got to my hotel in Niagara-on-the-Lake

Soldato
I'll be stocking up on a few projects to do and get enough food and booze to see me through an unexpected lockdown if it happens. I expect they'll be quite a few shortages for a few bits this festive period as well so will be getting everyons pressies earlier than usual
That sounds like bliss without a lockdown for me tbh

Soldato
I live in s Wales, so I'll be going out in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

More seriously, the electric blanket is on the bed. Anyone who thinks they're just for pensioners has never owned one.

I also have an electrically heated throw, that I use when I'm working from home in winter. That has saved me a fortune in heating costs over the last two years.

Soldato

More seriously, the electric blanket is on the bed. Anyone who thinks they're just for pensioners has never owned one.

I also have an electrically heated throw, that I use when I'm working from home in winter. That has saved me a fortune in heating costs over the last two years.
Sounds roasting!

Caporegime
on a serious not I will be getting the chimney swept, chopping up a dumpy bag of dried kindling and moving a copuple of dumpy bags worth of seasoned logs to the log store near the house.

all coolant checked on the cars

Putting my winter breakdown kit in the car with a snow shovel.

Winter tyres fitted to the main car.

Top up the heating oil tank and stock up with petrol for the generator (quite often we have power cuts where we live)

Caporegime

Bloody love my leccy blanket. Can’t beat a toasty bed on cold winter nights and mornings

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom