*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Yeah I believe it was and that got me hooked right away. If I'm honest the trailer to the game where they were on the rooftop avoiding a sniper and at the end the helicopter comes above them and lets rip with the minigun. That got me to pre-order as the sound was immense.

But that beta felt special. Getting a LMG with a bipod and resting it on a wall and laying down some cover fire, or being on the receiving end of the cover fire and having you screen change colour. Feeling the walls crumble or floor dent with grenades and mortars.

I may be looking back on it with rose tinted glasses but even when I think about playing the BF4 beta with Siege of Shanghai right away I knew I wanted that game. The scale of the map, being on top of point C when it collapses and jumping off to parachute to safety, it all felt epic.

Maybe things like that aren't so special any more but there has been nothing in this beta which hooked me. I haven't seen the tornado yet but the rocket launching isn't exactly special.

As I keep saying I'll play more over the weekend as I want a new shooter to really get stuck into and I really want it to be this.

I've seen all three lol, tornado loads, rocket launching and the rocket blowing up

Man of Honour
I've seen all three lol, tornado loads, rocket launching and the rocket blowing up

Oh it blows up? Dont think I've seen that one yet, seen it take off and the tornado (though I have only seen the tornado once in 13 hours lol) but havent seen the rocket blow up yet, I'll keep an eye out for that one

Soldato
Had a quick play on this tonight. Played one round and couldn't be bothered to play another tbh, not a good sign really. Performance is pretty poor, hopefully its just the beta not being well optimised. On BFV I got ~100fps at 1440p ultra settings. I was getting ~60fps on high setting in the beta. Cpu optimisation seems worse than BFV. I was expecting this to be heavy on cpu usages with 128 players but I was only getting 20-30% usage whereas BFV is 50-60% usage.

Long time BF fan, will give it some more time tomorrow but first impressions weren't very good :(

Associate
Well apart from it seeming not that well optimized im loving it...MILES better than both bf1 and bf5, finally it seems battlefield has taken a step back to the right direction, the beta is great fun for me.

Just hope the final game is a little better optimized :)

Soldato
Managed to get on to a couple of cross play games with my brother on his Xbox last night, and I’m a happy man. This is going to bridge that casual cross play game for us while still being really enjoyable. It’s not perfect but I do think they’ve made a good choice to switch to a faster gameplay type.

Currently thoughts:
There’s just too many vehicles, and destroying them doesn’t seem worth while as a replacement appears almost immediately.

Infantry damage to vehicles is too low. I think I see why they’ve done this, as the replacement of dedicated classes means almost everyone can run with AT rockets, but in reality this doesn’t seem to be happening (yet?). Consequently, tanks and aircraft have too much health and it’s easier to simply avoid an area if you see vehicles there.

Reviving mechanic is cumbersome, as half the time you just keep switching weapon with your downed teammate.

EMP drone is interesting but glitchy. I’ve had it unable to shoot or fly upwards.

Feels like a step backwards when you can’t deploy MGs anymore.

The Rangers (robot dogs) again have far too much health, or are impervious to bullets. I put 70 rounds from an LMG in to one and it just stood there and killed me.

the map in the beta I don’t find too big, but the capture points are in poor places. Having 4 capturable locations within a couple of hundred meters seems nuts.

overall though I have enjoyed it, and will likely get this as my main beating stick game.

Underboss
It's a lot less meh for me when playing in a group, having a laugh and coordinating.

Actually enjoyed last night's games even though I did suck. Balance will come as will optimisation.

Gameplay/gunplay is good, just needs more variety.

Caporegime
I am not sure what people are complaining about with optimization. Game ran smooth 1080P @ medium settings on my 6600K & RX 480 which is good going considering my PC is 5 years old and was mid-high level at best during that time.

Few things I have noticed. M5A3 is like a laser and just OP compared to other weapons, playing against console players gets boring after a while as it is just too easy also no one bothers to play medic!

One thing I hope is deployable MG's are in the final game as it was a USP for the BF franchise.

Associate
I played a few hours of this last night, I didn't play BF1 and BF5 but put hundreds of hours into BF4.

- Performance isn't great, ultra was stuttering mess, high was better but not great. I'm running at 3440*1440 with a 5900X and 3080Ti.
- Helicopters feel OP
- The scale of the map is awesome
- After playing loads of Warzone, the gun play in this just seems off. I swear I was hitting people only for it to not register the hit. Also, ADS accuracy seems all over the place
- Squad and party sizes are limited to 4 - why!!?? Really annoying if you've a group bigger than 4
- Graphics and physics are decent.

I'll probably look to get it but I might wait for them to patch up the obvious performance issues first.

Soldato
I played a few hours of this last night, I didn't play BF1 and BF5 but put hundreds of hours into BF4.

- Performance isn't great, ultra was stuttering mess, high was better but not great. I'm running at 3440*1440 with a 5900X and 3080Ti.
- Helicopters feel OP
- The scale of the map is awesome
- After playing loads of Warzone, the gun play in this just seems off. I swear I was hitting people only for it to not register the hit. Also, ADS accuracy seems all over the place
- Squad and party sizes are limited to 4 - why!!?? Really annoying if you've a group bigger than 4
- Graphics and physics are decent.

I'll probably look to get it but I might wait for them to patch up the obvious performance issues first.
this is a 4 month old build

how does everyone not know this already? i think the perf is crap too but at the same time its 4 months old & EA...

Soldato
agreed playing at 4K on ultra to get around 68-75 fps but weird drops to 55 at times. interestingly high is exact same so maybe cpu bottleneck but have a 5900x overclocked

Soldato
I don't know, I feel a bit "meh" over it.

I don't like the crouch sliding, feels like I'm playing Apex. I used to love flying in BF3/4, but it feels very different to me with their handling.
Also does anyone who how to invert look when your sitting in a passenger/gunner seat?

crouch sliding in Warzone is a little ott but I'm used to it. The running in this does feel a bit like you're Usain bolt on speed. And when you slide there should be flames coming up from the earth, or stars shooting by like I'm flying the millennium falcon.

Back
Top Bottom