1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by jonneymendoza, 13 Feb 2021.

1. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

source

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/everything-we-know-about-battlefield-6/

bring it on!!!

shall i grab a 3090 for this?[/QUOTE]

2. Nexus18

Caporegime

3. SPG

Sgarrista

Why a 3090 you know after the first 2 games all the settings will be put to low :)

4. labbby

Wise Guy

It will need to be something really special to drag the battlefield series out of the gutter.

5. xb8browney

Soldato

Great memories of BF2 clan matches, let's hope it's something big with no cheating.

6. Matty8787

Hitman

Meh I enjoyed BFV for what it was, not the best game they made but still enjoyable for me.

7. pestt

Wise Guy

"but in this case we might actually be talking about an increase in the max player count. 64 has been the magic number since Battlefield 1942 released all the way back in 2002. Is it finally time for a change?"
    Meh. 64 player is the sweet spot for me, some modes even 32 or 48. Not sure why the fascination for 100 or 124 player servers just because another game has it.

8. arknor

Caporegime

I don't think I played a BF game since 4, I remember the maps getting smaller and smaller every year

9. SPG

Sgarrista

3 Has been the best of the lot for a long long time.

10. chrismscotland

Mobster

I don't really get all the hate for BFV; I've spent countless hours, days and weeks playing it; but then given I'm not a huge COD fan I didn't have much choice.
    Looking forward to BF6 though; would love a next-gen BF3/BF4 game

11. steve45

Mobster

BF4 was the last one I enjoyed, it was the start of the decline but still enjoyed plenty of hours. BF3 was in my opinion the best I've sank so many hours into that. BF1 and BFV completely lost its way, didnt enjoy BF1 as much, wasnt terrible but just didnt engage me as much as the previous, BFV is just an abomination of a game.
    I'll probably give BF6 a miss to begin with, if it looks like its any resembling BFV I wont bother at all.
    Do we even know what era its covering yet? I'd prefer to see it go back to more modern setting, anything between 80's and present day would be nice to see. Absolutely not interested in futuristic scifi stuff.

12. Gerard

Caporegime

The fact it was released far too early, its hacked out the wazoo, zero team balance, zero anti cheat, features were missing from day one and were only relatively recently patched into the game. And they've abandoned it leaving it to the hack brigade. Plenty to hate about it.

Not to mention their entire campaign for advertising for it was a complete wet fart with the stupid look they initially had for the game, the whole "don't like it don't buy it" arrogance and their launch event with them having quotes from people up on a projector screen with them making light of criticisms. They couldn't have had a worse launch if they tried.

It should have been almost impossible to **** up the first pc Battlefield return to ww2 since 2002 but dice ****** it up massively, to an extent that was unbelievable. No russians no stalingrad, no market garden, no omaha, all the hallmarks of a ww2 game totally MIA.

13. robfosters

Caporegime

14. ChrispyKarma

Gangster

Worrying things ...

It is coming very soon. So is not a new engine change and of course it will carry the good things of BF 1 and BF V

It will support PS4 and LastBox - so is not very new and of course it will have to run on mostly the same spec BF V did - so is not a "new gen" game.
    Hate the terms of next gen etc as the vast majority of gaming is just on repeat reboot mode until we are all on 8K textures at 100fps.
    The mechanics the roots have not changed for 15 years! A few nods and exceptions to wonderful independent studios.

EA and their need to sell cosmetics and battle coins will still be involved.
    EA are still involved,
    And more EA.

128 player maps I think people will hate as they will require a whole different style of play to beat the MG and sniper choke points. Metro on steroids.
    Yet I am intrigued.

"levolution" hmmm

Danger it will be Battlefield Warzone basically with endless weapon unlocks and attachments.

However BF1942 veteran is still hopeful but I have grown very cynical that marketing and numbers are king.

15. ace-rimmer

Gangster

Someone needs to tell them about "advance and secure" from Joint ops, the best game mode i have played and worked with 128 players because of no boundaries

16. Reuben klang

Hitman

This is my exact thoughts as well.

17. MoRT489

Soldato

We need Bad Company 3. BF:BC2 was the last decent Battlefield game.

18. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

easier to get a 3090 LOL

19. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

cod warzone has 120 players right and it works well

20. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

Delta Force Joint Operations back in the day had 150 players and that was epic.