Moving data on my network killing it

Don
OP
From the diagram you just need to move the NAS so it's on the same switch as the PC. The rest of it should be good enough (even if it isn't ideal).

The NAS I can manage, it's more when the wife is watching Sky Q upstairs and starts rewinding/fast forwarding it causes my PS5 online games to lag.

Not sure the TV where we stream films from the NAS will behave if I move it upstairs.

Soldato
It won't cure anything. Functionally it's identical.

Both Sky Q and PS5 online gaming are using the WAN connection. You need more WAN bandwidth (or QOS).

Don
OP
Guys!

I have identified the issue, there was a small switch purely to to extend a cat 5, I have no idea how long its been there but the switch is not a GB one, its a tplink thing you would get for £10 from Argos.
I have removed it and started doing some tests when moving data to the NAS, no lag in games and the network is not getting saturated like before.
It was in the room we call the games room that we are gutting at the moment, I don't think I'd ever have found it unless I started this thread and understood what could cause the bottle necks, so I appreciate the help. No expense needed neither :D

Thanks all!

Permabanned
Guys!

I have identified the issue, there was a small switch purely to to extend a cat 5, I have no idea how long its been there but the switch is not a GB one, its a tplink thing you would get for £10 from Argos.
I have removed it and started doing some tests when moving data to the NAS, no lag in games and the network is not getting saturated like before.
It was in the room we call the games room that we are gutting at the moment, I don't think I'd ever have found it unless I started this thread and understood what could cause the bottle necks, so I appreciate the help. No expense needed neither :D

Thanks all!

I don't see this in your diagram? where was it lol

Back
Top Bottom