New World MMO

Soldato
The banning stuff happening looks so funny, people getting banned for all sorts of stuff
Main issue with it is it's such a boring game to watch streamers play. Highly repetitive PVE content and watching PVP is just watching a group roll cancel for 95% of the time looking for someone to gank

Caporegime
which is usually one of the big issues in MMOs when region transfers are involved.
the biggest problem used to be that people licensed their game to a third party for different regions and didn't run them their selves
new world can just copy the files from one server to another
At least we dont have to pay a monthly fee for this game

absolutely no one would play it if they had one.

the quests are repetitive as hell, theres so few unique ones it's 99% randomly generated kill this or loot chests.

there's no real story, the world is like some epic engine default generated world.

everything about the game is so basic and stripped out it's really a game that just finished alpha and entered beta.
after level 30 it seems like your just doing the same thing over and over

it's like a commercial sanitized version of rust without all the cool things
Wait for the expansion if you want more content.
they need to add actual content for free before they even think about trying to sell any expansion

Last edited:
Associate
Despite my early enjoyment I’ve not had the urge to play in 3/4 days. I’m not really a pvp player do finding the pve content fairly repetitive. It’s a decent enough game for me but can see why mmo players don’t enjoy it.

V F

V F

Soldato
@arknor The funny thing was when I watched some streams, there was a gathering at some shop in a town and it looked like a virtual cosplay comicon meet up watching them all queue up. :cry:

Then there were moments like Fortnite. Everyone hacking away to the trees and rocks. Gorgeous looking world though.

I cannot say this is a game I'll buy. I'm not feeling it. Let alone the inventory management. I suffered that crap for 2 years between Anthem and The Division 2.

Associate
Looks like the shine is really coming off this game now.
Yup. FOMO fever has abated and, what we have left is a string of people on servers they don't want to be on, players coming to terms with the shallow gameplay/fetch quests, and a pile of destroyed RTX graphics cards ;)

Caporegime
Looks like the shine is really coming off this game now.
there's actually an MMO from the past extremely similar to this but done way better and it was a pvp/pve MMO
does anyone remember

that game was so good until they went full on pay2win even if it was a grind fest.

you could even become a pirate, the game had ship combat..... the game had proper PVP...the world was pretty huge and was a way better "new world" than what amazon did

In new world this is how basic the game is, you can't swim but you can still enter the water, your character just walks along the bottom until he drowns :D

Man of Honour
Archeage was amazing, the beta of it was absolutely phenomenal. The thing that ruined Archeage for me was the rampant cheating surrounding getting land to build on, all those people using those macros and bots to claim land within 0.000000000000000024 ms of it becoming available. Pity really, if it wasnt for that sort of thing the game really could have been massive. Used to LOVE getting all the guild onto a ship to do trade runs

Caporegime
I like it but definitely getting a little burnt out now, my main complaints:

- lack of variety in missions, go here search chests/kill said enemies, back to town or whoever, now run back to where you where and search more chests/kill said enemies, rinse and repeat
- as per usual my biggest pain point with looters in general, getting the lowest level items that are better than better quality/higher items, sick and tired with all greens always being better than my blues and in some cases, purple too, yeah they get perks and a gem slot but then most of the time said perks etc. are ****

Have defo got my moneys worth and will no doubt get another 50 or so hours from it and if they add more variety etc., probably get a good bit more from it but they need to act now and not when the game is dead otherwise that will be it perma dead as has happened with so many other games that didn't capitalise on the initial launch/hype.

Caporegime
Archeage was amazing, the beta of it was absolutely phenomenal. The thing that ruined Archeage for me was the rampant cheating surrounding getting land to build on, all those people using those macros and bots to claim land within 0.000000000000000024 ms of it becoming available. Pity really, if it wasnt for that sort of thing the game really could have been massive. Used to LOVE getting all the guild onto a ship to do trade runs
there was rampant cheating in the game if you stood near the traders you would see people teleporting in and out with materials on their back

you could stand at the trader turn in with a group of people and still only kill the teleporters maybe 20% of the time they handed in and left so fast.

the people running the game didn't care though and just milked it hard on the pay2win cash shop.
the game had the best fishing from any MMO, I must have spent weeks with a group of people on a fishing boat.
we got attacked by pvpers loads doing it but made silly money.

Associate
why what happened?

New world is currently making peoples Graphics cards O/P themselves ! mainly the EVGA cards ..... massive spikes , Most games will keep your card running at around say 90/105 ish , New world on the other hand is all over the place from down to 70 and shooting right up to 120 ! this is whats burning out the cards at the moment apprently so until Nvidia fix or Amazon bring out a driver i'm ganna pass , its mainly the 3090s and some 3080s that are doing it so maybe a fault with EVGA firmware's.

Soldato
So is everyone stopped playing this now?

Seems everyone is slagging it off

People are still playing but the amount of folks are dropping, looks like the steam concurrent player logins have dropped by 200 odd thousand since it hit 900k a week ago, twitch viewership is also dropping (although why anyone would wanna watch someone play new world is beyond me). All in all it doesn't look promising for a long lasting mmo.

Caporegime
So is everyone stopped playing this now?

Seems everyone is slagging it off
the games a sandbox without any sand.
you do the same thing from lvl 1 to end game.
people are getting bored of the repetitive nature of the tech demo so will probably be more realistic about the game now the hype has worn off.

I don't regret buying it I must have actively played for 60-80 hours, it's fun but just empty feeling

could be good if they added content to the game like proper quests or mini games

I bet it will go free to play in a year.

I'm only lvl40 so will keep playing but probably only for 30 minutes each day

Last edited:
Soldato
New world is currently making peoples Graphics cards O/P themselves ! mainly the EVGA cards ..... massive spikes , Most games will keep your card running at around say 90/105 ish , New world on the other hand is all over the place from down to 70 and shooting right up to 120 ! this is whats burning out the cards at the moment apprently so until Nvidia fix or Amazon bring out a driver i'm ganna pass , its mainly the 3090s and some 3080s that are doing it so maybe a fault with EVGA firmware's.
I have a 3090 but it's a Nvidia Fe one. Am I effected?

Man of Honour
People are still playing but the amount of folks are dropping, looks like the steam concurrent player logins have dropped by 200 odd thousand since it hit 900k a week ago, twitch viewership is also dropping (although why anyone would wanna watch someone play new world is beyond me). All in all it doesn't look promising for a long lasting mmo.

This was my biggest worry about the game after playing the beta, which is why I always said that I wouldnt buy until I saw how the game was doing on Dec 31st. I'm still standing by that, if its still doing well on the 31st Dec, then I will buy. We'll see how it continues to go.

Associate
This was my biggest worry about the game after playing the beta, which is why I always said that I wouldnt buy until I saw how the game was doing on Dec 31st. I'm still standing by that, if its still doing well on the 31st Dec, then I will buy. We'll see how it continues to go.

a lot of people are getting 24 hr bans for no reason aswell which will help in the drop of numbers

I'm still enjoying the game it is a grind but isn't all rpgs / mmos

The biggest test will be end game how much content they add later on

Back
Top Bottom