Birthday ideas for 14.y.o boy

Soldato
Not a watch. Watches are only fashionable now if they're very expensive and then only amongst some people. It's far more fashionable to use your phone to see the time unless there's anyone nearby who's wearing a watch and who you can ask what the time is because using a watch to see the time is far more convenient than using a phone to do so. Obviously it would be more convenient to wear a watch, but fashion never has to make any sense at all.

If a gift isn't tailored to that person, I think the best gift is money because they can use the money to buy something they want.

I'd disagree , you see an awful lot of people wearing the old retro Casio watches. I would class them as a fashion accessory these days.

Soldato
My parents didn't ever have to consult the internet for birthday gift ideas, is it really that hard now days to think of a gift, or has it just become difficult to please, hard times for sure.

Associate
Does he like gaming and what are his hobbies? A console or gaming PC would be nice presents if he likes games. Why not have a few beers with the lad as a bit of a coming of age?

Soldato
I've a 15 year old step-son who got money and clothes for his birthday, bit boring but it's what he wanted. If he plays console or PC game's then ask him if there is a game he'd like to get (GTA V is an 18 so he can't play it unfortunately).

Man of Honour
I'd disagree , you see an awful lot of people wearing the old retro Casio watches. I would class them as a fashion accessory these days.

Maybe that's a new fashion that hasn't reached here yet. I live in Stoke on Trent, after all. But a lot of young people I know are willing to pay 10 times the realistic price for trainers or clothing from a sweatshop and the "privilege" of being a walking advert for a fashion business, so it appears that fashion is a thing here. Hardly any of them wear a watch and those very few that do wear a "smart" (i.e. spyware-raddled security flaw) watch.

Soldato
Maybe that's a new fashion that hasn't reached here yet. I live in Stoke on Trent, after all. But a lot of young people I know are willing to pay 10 times the realistic price for trainers or clothing from a sweatshop and the "privilege" of being a walking advert for a fashion business, so it appears that fashion is a thing here. Hardly any of them wear a watch and those very few that do wear a "smart" (i.e. spyware-raddled security flaw) watch.

I guess maybe it's a slightly older crowd i'm thinking of. I know my step daughter wanted a rose gold Casio watch when she was around 17, and i seem to see quite a few band members in the late teens/early 20's wearing them.

Man of Honour
I guess maybe it's a slightly older crowd i'm thinking of. I know my step daughter wanted a rose gold Casio watch when she was around 17, and i seem to see quite a few band members in the late teens/early 20's wearing them.

Maybe it's local, then. All the younger people I know are 18+ (from work). 1 of them usually wears a watch that's solely a watch (and therefore better at being a watch). A couple wear "smart" watches. Most of them have a phone hanging out their back pocket for them to accidentally sit on every now and then, which they use for the time if there's nobody around with a watch to ask.

When I bought a watch recently, I had to buy it online. No local shops sell them because there isn't a market. Expensive bracelets that contain a watch as a piece of jewelry, yes. "smart" watches that are little more than a marginally useful link to a phone, yes. Just a watch, no.

Back
Top Bottom