Whatever happened to...

Man of Honour
AlphaNumeric is permabanned, from memory it had something to do with letting another person use their account and possibly also something to do with drugs talk. I hope they're getting on well as he seemed like a nice chap but I don't know any more than that.

Soldato
You know it's a slow Friday at work when you're sitting on the forum searching for your own username to see what people were saying about you 10 years ago.

Soldato
You know it's a slow Friday at work when you're sitting on the forum searching for your own username to see what people were saying about you 10 years ago.

Jeez, thought it said 2020. Though I probably would have done it still because its funnier. Was trying to find an old post on the Google.

Soldato
AlphaNumeric is permabanned, from memory it had something to do with letting another person use their account and possibly also something to do with drugs talk. I hope they're getting on well as he seemed like a nice chap but I don't know any more than that.
I would imagine it was disagreeing with Spie's views on a few things and being somewhat forthright. Doesn't matter, don't care. I'm surprised this account is now unbanned TBH - I only looked it up as I'm over a fellow OcUKer's house and this forum came up.

I was a mod over on SciForums for the better part of 10 years but stopped a while back. I finished my degree, got a masters, completed a PhD in the non-perturbative symmetries of Type II compactifications in string theory and have worked in mathematical research/applications in the private sector since them. I've solved quantum mechanics and satellite design problems for the European Space Agency, AI problems for the Ministry of Defence, oil well modelling for a major Oil company and written/presented educational material in several major universities. I won't say my current employer but what I do is something everyone has heard of. I now live in London with my gf but we don't have kids or anything. Still friends with a few other OcUK mathematicians from back in the day - 3 former OcUK members are within 3 metres of me as I type this.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would imagine it was disagreeing with Spie's views on a few things and being somewhat forthright. Doesn't matter, don't care. I'm surprised this account is now unbanned TBH - I only looked it up as I'm over a fellow OcUKer's house and this forum came up.

I was a mod over on SciForums for the better part of 10 years but stopped a while back. I finished my degree, got a masters, completed a PhD in the non-perturbative symmetries of Type II compactifications in string theory and have worked in mathematical research/applications in the private sector since them. I've solved quantum mechanics and satellite design problems for the European Space Agency, AI problems for the Ministry of Defence, oil well modelling for a major Oil company and written/presented educational material in several major universities. I won't say my current employer but what I do is something everyone has heard of. I now live in London with my gf but we don't have kids or anything. Still friends with a few other OcUK mathematicians from back in the day - 3 former OcUK members are within 3 metres of me as I type this.
Is one of them Piggymon

Soldato
Is one of them Piggymon
No, though she and I used to go clubbing a lot with the same group of friends in Swansea and a bunch of other places. As far as I'm aware (10+ year old info) she's still with that guy she met on this forum? Can't remember his names, I'd stopped coming here long before that. We fell out of touch but I remained friends with that group for years afterwards, even met a long term girlfriend through them. Haven't had contact with them for a long time TBH, the fact my parents moved away from Swansea meant it was harder to meet up with them with any kind of regularity and then once I got a job hundreds of miles away that was it.

Back
Top Bottom