Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I don't think they need to be investments to enact reasonably financial due-diligence. Would you have spanked 150k on a DBX if the depreciation was 80%? I'd wager not, unless you really, really, really love that thing.

I don’t believe anyone would buy a car that would lose 80% of its value within a few years. That’s just a silly extreme example.

OcUK Staff
I don’t believe anyone would buy a car that would lose 80% of its value within a few years. That’s just a silly extreme example.

This.
What cars even lose that kind of money in normal times, let alone the times were now in where new cars are actually better buys than used cars potentially on a depreciation front.

Also I know Nath, he won't care what the car is worth in a year or two, he is buying the car HE wants for his own personal pleasure and rarity status, Aston have not sold huge numbers of these so they are pretty damn rare, maybe even as rare as an Urus on the road, when I see a DBX or Urus they stand out, its not a car I would personally buy as an SUV is not my taste, if I needed more seats I'd be putting my money probably on something like an Quadrifoglio and if I had money to really splash then probably the GTAm version or if I could put up with LHD then a Project 8.

Caporegime

Maybe 80% is silly but plenty of high end cars lose more than 50% of their value in 3 years

The Aston Martin Rapide lost 60% in 3 years (the DBX predecessor) and that cost £150k new. Though nothing comes as bad as an S class which loses 66%.

According to CAP based on 36,000 miles.

Compare then to cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 which will lose 13% and the Aventador or Ferrari 488 which will lose 16%.

People still bought the cars which lost 60% of their value as clearly that is what they wanted (and money doesnt bother them)

OcUK Staff
Maybe 80% is silly but plenty of high end cars lose more than 50% of their value in 3 years

The Aston Martin Rapide lost 60% in 3 years (the DBX predecessor) and that cost £150k new. Though nothing comes as bad as an S class which loses 66%.

According to CAP based on 36,000 miles.

Compare then to cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 which will lose 13% and the Aventador or Ferrari 488 which will lose 16%.

People still bought the cars which lost 60% of their value as clearly that is what they wanted (and money doesnt bother them)

GT3’s make money, those are just guides and are not fact. Think 488’s have lost a lot more also.

Caporegime
GT3’s make money, those are just guides and are not fact. Think 488’s have lost a lot more also.

That was before this years silliness in second hand prices so obviously some cars now make money but the point still stands. There are cars which barely lose money (or even increase) and others which lose 60%.

Soldato
The DBX looks amazing. I know they share engines with MB but the switchgear and layout looks very MB-ish.
Did you sell the C63 privately or trade it? You only just did the Android Auto/Carplay integration!

Soldato
!remindme in 3 years to ask what you sold it for :D

If the rapide is anything to go by! I definitely wouldn't put this in the same class as the Urus.

I'm not knocking I'm saying the cost of ownership is not just the headline 156k. Depreciation clearly came into it hence your response.

DMG

DMG

Associate
Got my new BMW M340i XDrive. Changed an Audi A6 40 TDI for this which had been quite problematic during the nearly 3 years I owned it.

Glad I made the change, massive difference and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

F347-C690-2-B4-D-45-CA-B3-DA-421-B688-A16-BC.jpg

A24-F9894-99-D8-4447-9-DC9-1-EE572-A990-A1.jpg

AE34-A350-EB07-4526-833-A-2-B99-B8-F871-AB.jpg

7W5gByH

N1p59VY

BqcK502

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got my new BMW M340i XDrive. Changed an Audi A6 40 TDI for this which had been quite problematic during the nearly 3 years I owned it.

Glad I made the change, massive difference and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

https://ibb.co/7W5gByH

https://ibb.co/N1p59VY

https://ibb.co/BqcK502

I would post the images properly but I’m clearly incompetent.
7W5gByH

N1p59VY

BqcK502

Very nice, one of the fewer new BMW's that doesn't look arse. :D Really like the alloys. Almost went for one but was a tad more than we wanted to pay on the monthlies.

If you link the actual image it should work, rather than the short url thing

F347-C690-2-B4-D-45-CA-B3-DA-421-B688-A16-BC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom