New build - Next Steps?!?

Associate
OP
That’s a great list

crysis three I already have I’m keeping an eye on fps I’m not using a 4K display yet but that will come for now HD 1080p

so far crysis 3 hasn’t disappointed and neither has fc5 at max settings they both look and play amazingly - crysis 3 suggests it will need over 4gb of vram for the settings, not bad for a game released in 2013!

Witcher and Assassains creed peak my interest as do final fantasy and cyberpunk

metro might be one I look at but never got into it on console.

control might be one i consider depending on how the others go. I’m keen to see just what ray tracing is all about

currently sorting my Corsair rm850 PSU for payday trying to be sensible and not push my psu to hard - I don’t have doubts but why risk it especially now!

Associate
OP
Ok so bit the bullet today

I’ve ordered a Corsair rm1000x 2021 model psu £118 brand new so should help in terms of warranty and piece of mind - new rig has renewed my love of gaming so it’s gonna get some use and I am not paying for a toasted gpu!

Associate
OP
Looking good kp. Enjoy all the new games you can play at decent settings and fps with the new rig

thanks it’s been a while since I’ve built one and a while since I’ve been able to enjoy proper quality by comparison so loving it.

FC5 benchmarked at 60fps and min 59fps with everything turned right up so well happy. Will play it through again to enjoy the difference

working through crysis 3 currently - amazing how ahead of its time the graphics were

Associate
OP
Ok so I’ve conceded my budget rebuild has become anything but.

However I’m quite pleased and it’s been worth it!

now looking forward to the psu arriving as will make for a much tidier build and also has just enough connectors although interestingly doesn’t have the additional 4-pin atx I need to go alongside the 8 pin for the cpu. Although not strictly required would be nice to get it connected!

Associate
OP
You have to get rid of the Psu and replace it with a quality unit .

ok so I bought a rm1000x, unconvinced at first as per my reasoning in posts

however - fcuk me! This thing is a beast compared it makes my old one feel and look like a toy! Quality better by 1000x

and thus far no random crashes, it’s tidy, everything is plugged in no adapters or splitters and it’s quiet.

for what it cost the piece of mind is priceless! Never again will I cheap out on a psu!

Man of Honour
ok so I bought a rm1000x, unconvinced at first as per my reasoning in posts

however - fcuk me! This thing is a beast compared it makes my old one feel and look like a toy! Quality better by 1000x

and thus far no random crashes, it’s tidy, everything is plugged in no adapters or splitters and it’s quiet.

for what it cost the piece of mind is priceless! Never again will I cheap out on a psu!
Great news , enjoy.

Associate
OP

@mickyflinn cyberpunk isn’t bad - expected more from the graphics but that’s not to say they aren’t good. It’s quite a lot of subtle things that add up - I guess I expected ray tracing to jump out and wow

the 3070 doesn’t struggle and I have all the settings turned up played for an hour didn’t get past 45 degrees

however - the cpu although not hot probably 48-50 degrees was kicking some heat out of the Kraken and the fans were going like the clappers to keep it at that temp

good gameplay and storyline though and good graphics

will have a look at some of the others too. Control is the one I’m saving for next

Man of Honour
@mickyflinn cyberpunk isn’t bad - expected more from the graphics but that’s not to say they aren’t good. It’s quite a lot of subtle things that add up - I guess I expected ray tracing to jump out and wow

the 3070 doesn’t struggle and I have all the settings turned up played for an hour didn’t get past 45 degrees

however - the cpu although not hot probably 48-50 degrees was kicking some heat out of the Kraken and the fans were going like the clappers to keep it at that temp

good gameplay and storyline though and good graphics

will have a look at some of the others too. Control is the one I’m saving for next

Try the cam software and set a less agressive fan speed and temp curve to sacrifice a few degrees for lower fan speed.

https://nzxt.com/software/cam

Associate
OP
Try the cam software and set a less agressive fan speed and temp curve to sacrifice a few degrees for lower fan speed.

https://nzxt.com/software/cam
I had it on silent but will tweak a bit more - to be honest the noise is ok was just surprised I was expecting the gpu to be hit more than the cpu.

Played some more and i like it. Playing in the city is different to the type of world in crysis or farcry. Swishy grass etc so took me some time to appreciate the quality.

need to find an rgb controller that works with NZXT, gigabyte, crucial and Kingston

hard to believe there isn’t a common standard! So many software conflicts just to manage lighting

Back
Top Bottom