Audi owners in here!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Audi has never been known for driving dynamics, ever. By contrast the Mondeo has always had a reputation for driving far better than a car of its type would ever be expected to do...

Has it not? See, that's the issue then (my issue). Maybe Audi have been a bit too good in their advertising :cry:

You're comparing a bottom of the range, entry level premium brand against Fords flagship car of the time (Was there a better Ford you could buy in the UK in 2011 than a Mondeo Titanium X? I would say no). Yes, you were wrong in expecting more...

It appears so!

You'd be better off comparing the A3 with a basic Focus. If the Ford still wins here then perhaps Audi has an issue.

I think if you need to compare an A3 against a Focus for it to be a fair comparison then Audi are already in trouble.

Anyhow, discussion done - I don't want to looking like I'm trashing an owners thread - there are some nice cars in here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I think if you need to compare an A3 against a Focus for it to be a fair comparison then Audi are already in trouble.

Why would you compare it against anything else in the Ford range? They are the same segment of car. We're hardly going to compare it against an SUV or a pickup truck are we?

Caporegime
Good deal for all 2l and less audi owners £588.74 total cost

Enjoy even greater peace of mind with the reassurance of All-in from Audi¹.

It’s a 24-month plan that includes Warranty, MOTs, servicing, and Roadside Assistance supported by the AA. Offering an average saving of £1,220² over 2 years compared to buying these products separately, and what’s more, you can pay in one upfront payment or easy monthly instalments. It’s available for vehicles 3-6 years old with engines 2.0l and under, with mileage under 100,000 at point of activation.

Right now, you'll receive 25% off All-in⁴. Simply book in and complete an initial inspection of your vehicle by 12 December. At your appointment our trained technicians will ensure your vehicle has been well maintained and meets the criteria of the Warranty and Roadside Assistance, before offering to activate you All-in cover. To book your initial inspection, contact your local Audi Centre.

Life’s better when you go All-in.

Am I eligible?

For Audi cars aged from 3 to 6 years old with an engine size of 2.0l and under, and mileage under 100,000 at point of activation.

✓ Includes: S models 2.0l and under.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any other offers you know of that are available for over 2litres?

Would be nice to tie in the next few services for an s5

no sorry. Shame they hadnt extended the offer to bigger engined cars, thats a cracking deal for the price. 2 years warranty, servicing and breakdown cover for under £600. You would be mad not to buy it.

Man of Honour
News is suggesting Audi now owns McLaren.

Still trying to understand the details and post made in the motorsport section but interesting to read.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Err.. article has been updated :p

McLaren has denied being bought by Audi, after an Autocar source reported that the German manufacturer had acquired the whole group to secure it an entry into Formula 1.

In a statement, the brand said the story was "wholly inaccurate", adding: "McLaren’s technology strategy has always involved ongoing discussions and collaboration with relevant partners and suppliers, including other carmakers, however, there has been no change in the ownership structure of the McLaren Group.”

Soldato
Like Lamborghinis?

Is this a joke? Yes, exactly like Lamborghini, which saw a massive improvement in reliability and a corresponding down turn in the exuberant design of the Diablo / Countach era after being purchased by the VW group.

To be fair Mclaren already favour a cookie cutter by the numbers approach to their design, so not much to change there!

Man of Honour
Is this a joke? Yes, exactly like Lamborghini, which saw a massive improvement in reliability and a corresponding down turn in the exuberant design of the Diablo / Countach era after being purchased by the VW group.

Yea I was just thinking how forgettable and generic the latest Lamborghini range looks.

Soldato
Yea I was just thinking how forgettable and generic the latest Lamborghini range looks.

The styling has most certainly been dialled down and each model follows the brand design language. This was not the case with the pre-VW range. Not sure how you can argue against this.

Also, the Urus and multitude of identical Huracans and Aventadors say hi.

Back
Top Bottom