Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Associate
Recently got the same LG C1. Would you mind sharing what Windows/NVidia settings you played with?

I use TV settings as per HDTV tests C1 and PS5 settings Youtube video, obviously ignoring the PS5 specific bits. I have the TV tone mapping on HGIG. It's a darker overall image but with more contrast between the dark bits and bright bits which is sort of the point. ;)

I leave HDR on in windows all the time with the hdr/sdr slider in windows display props at 40%. In the Nvidia control panel set preferred refresh rate to max or you get stutter. Make sure the windows advanced settings and Nvidia refresh rates are the same or similar, i.e. 119/120 - 59/60.

In game including FH5 set the max HDR brightness to 800 as it's what an LG OLED realistically tops out at. Leave the other game brightness settings alone unless the defaults aren't working for you.

FH5 has more realistic lighting than FH4. FH4 had black nights and lights that popped. In FH5 it doesn't get properly dark but when the ducks line up it looks amazing.

Associate
I think Tour Mode is my new favourite game thing. Multiplayer team against the AI with the pressure wound off. The AI is scaled back to beatable in whatever you turn up with. Much opportunity for sportsmanship and sillyness.

Did one earlier that was C class pickups and trucks on offroad courses. Without tuning that gets you a bouncy 60mph GMC Jimmy. There were 12, 6 AI and 6 player controlled. It was ridiculous and a lot of fun.

Caporegime
game has so many annoyances like the unskippable cutscenes...

seems almost like it's encourage to stay off the road to rake in easy exp, just fly across he map at 100mph over mountains in any car no problem.

why even use a road? I do like the weird drift mechanic when cornering though.

I'm wondering if it's a canned effect rather than physics.
it reminds me a lot of the old ridge racer games with the crazy power slide mechanic where you shot around corners like sling shooting around a planet.

Soldato
These bugs are annoying the **** out of me to be honest. Low streaming bandwidth runing races (and any fast driving) when it plays absolutely fine on a ONE S. constant connectivity issues when my network is fine. Sometimes i cant see other players AT ALL - got knocked out of an eliminator by a ghost car. One of the daily challanges today was complete a showcase event. I completely three and the challange still wouldnt give me the points. I want to want get the best times to earn more accolades but the scoreboards are already completely ruined. So bloody annoying. I put a lot of time in to FH4 but this is winding me right up.

Caporegime
Do you have the game on a HDD or SSD?

I've not had any low streaming bandwidth warnings pop up, running on an NVME.
I'm not the guy your talking to but I run it from a HDD fine, no warnings, no stutters
I just did the grand tour and my loading times didn't even seem worse than anyone elses

get the DC message a lot but seems to only be when I'm browsing auctions etc

Soldato
These bugs are annoying the **** out of me to be honest. Low streaming bandwidth runing races (and any fast driving) when it plays absolutely fine on a ONE S. constant connectivity issues when my network is fine. Sometimes i cant see other players AT ALL - got knocked out of an eliminator by a ghost car. One of the daily challanges today was complete a showcase event. I completely three and the challange still wouldnt give me the points. I want to want get the best times to earn more accolades but the scoreboards are already completely ruined. So bloody annoying. I put a lot of time in to FH4 but this is winding me right up.
I only get connection issues when im on "my horizon", it randomly says disconnected from free roam. Goes away after abit but annoying how it keeps popping up.

Soldato
Do you have the game on a HDD or SSD?

I've not had any low streaming bandwidth warnings pop up, running on an NVME.
Separate ssd. I looked on the forums and people are having issues with all sorts of setups. There doesn't seem to be any correlation. Like arknor mentioned, he and others are running on from a hdd just fine - it makes no sense lol.

Soldato
the cutscenes are getting so boring & game immersion breaking

go to event, Cut scene, of car you chosen, The cutscene of track & cars, then CUTscene of me on podium.

everything should be Realtime, start event cars turn up in real time & race starts then you could have podium cutscene but must be skippable.

it takes good 2 minutes to get a race due to this...

Soldato
the cutscenes are getting so boring & game immersion breaking

go to event, Cut scene, of car you chosen, The cutscene of track & cars, then CUTscene of me on podium.

everything should be Realtime, start event cars turn up in real time & race starts then you could have podium cutscene but must be skippable.

it takes good 2 minutes to get a race due to this...

What you're describing aren't cut scenes though are they, they're disguised loading screens. Which if you think Forza's are bad, you would lose the will to live playing GTA.

The only open world games I can think of that are real time are single player games where the world is already loaded and needs no changes. Unlike Forza which disconnects you from the online world, has to load the route and all associated signs, fences etc. as well as your opponents cars. Which given there's hundreds of cars each of which can be modified and tuned hundreds of different ways so the cars the AI chooses isn't fixed.

Obviously the open world is only loaded up to a certain radius around you but short of keeping all the assets of all the races and events in that radius loaded and however many combinations of cars and tunes there are too, I don't see how they could do it real time.

Soldato
What are peoples gpu loads on this game?

1440p UW
3090 98/99% load!
Thats with a 9900k overclocked.
32gb RAM

Sitting around 120-144 (vsync limited to 144fps)

Not stutters or jitters, no frame drops! Works wonderful on my system.

Dunno if its helping but i tested with 16gb RAM and 32gb RAM and its noticeably smoother with 32gb RAM.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are peoples gpu loads on this game?

Mines maxed out. Extreme settings at 4k, around 105fps. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

If I go solo, smooth as silk. Online, I get what I call Micro stutters, not sure if they are, but every once in a while I see a brief blip.

The patch can't come soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom