How to safe OC 5600X? Is safe to push PBO? Or just Curve Optimizer?

Associate
Hi all!
I have a B550 Gaming Plus, 5600X and a Dark Rock Pro 3
I looked for some tutorials and I found this simple thing to do
- Advanced PBO, Scalar X1 (because at X10 it increases voltage), start with Boost Frequency +0. With Ryzen Master pump up PPT, TDC and EDC until under stress they stay at ~95%. Set Curve Optimizer at a negative value, set it at the lowest possible for all cores, when a core crashes increase the value for that single core.
Well, it seems pretty simple, but I have got a question
Using Cinebench I reached PPT 115W, TDC 70A and EDC 130A and Ryzen Master says that the CPU sits at 1.36v, isn't that too high?
Then, I tried Prime95. With Prime95 I was limited by the PBO values so I increased them even more, and it reached 1.3v
Isn't this voltage too risky? What should I do to have a safe overclock? Is PBO really safe to use?
I keep my temp at max 80C during benchmark.
Thanks!

Soldato
voltages matters but depends on the current. its the current that kills the CPU not voltage, idle you could see up to 1.5V on ryzen but its the amount of current that kills the CPU

idle voltage will always be high
load voltage will drop

my 5900x has curve optimizer of -20
mine sitting between 1.081-1.475V

load it sits at 1.2

Associate
OP
voltages matters but depends on the current. its the current that kills the CPU not voltage, idle you could see up to 1.5V on ryzen but its the amount of current that kills the CPU

idle voltage will always be high
load voltage will drop

my 5900x has curve optimizer of -20
mine sitting between 1.081-1.475V

load it sits at 1.2

Thanks for your answer
Yeah, sure, but mine reaches 1.3v even with Prime95, and with cinebench it reaches 1.36v
And I repeat, the settings are PPT 115W, TDC 70A, EDC 130A, Scalar 1X, Boost Frequency +0, so I didn't touch voltage settings
Should I tweak PPT, TDC and EDC so that under Prime95 it stays at 1.2v? And under cinebench?

Soldato
Thanks for your answer
Yeah, sure, but mine reaches 1.3v even with Prime95, and with cinebench it reaches 1.36v
And I repeat, the settings are PPT 115W, TDC 70A, EDC 130A, Scalar 1X, Boost Frequency +0, so I didn't touch voltage settings
Should I tweak PPT, TDC and EDC so that under Prime95 it stays at 1.2v? And under cinebench?
i would only worry if you reach 1.4V but worth checking safe voltage limits for 5600x on official sources

Associate
Thanks for your answer

Have you already done anything with Curve Optimiser? That will also bring the voltages down.

Associate
If your case airflow is good that cpu cooler is overkill. Set pbo limits to motherboard, +200 boost, auto scaler and apply a negative curve boost (maybe -10 to start with) and let the performance loose. It's a 65w rated cpu. It will hit its own predetermined limits long before temps should become an issue. Done concern yourself too much with the voltages unless you are applying a manual all core clock. The cpu will look after it self using pbo.

Associate
My pbo settings are very similar to yours, your voltages should be lower running cinebench, I have my oc +150, scaler set to auto,
CO helps a lot, but you say that's set, try and set CO to individual cores

Back
Top Bottom