• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Alderlake review thread

Man of Honour
Shows what we already know mostly. 12700 wins more than it loses, 5900x wins in some productivity specific apps like 7-zip comp/decomp, but MS office the i7 wins hands down. Much of a muchness in gaming. 12700 cheaper, wins more than loses, DDR5 vs DDR4 makes no difference clearly there too as his bench scores match mine and he was on expensive manufacturer supplied mobo and DDR5 whilst I'm on measly CL18 DDR4.

Caporegime
Just to be sure, is the 12700KF exactly the same as the "K", just with the integrated graphics removed?

If i know i will always have a seperate GPU, seems a bit pointless spending the extra.

Man of Honour
That is correct. The only other advantage to the iGPU is video transcoding which can offload some tasks from the CPU. But if you don't use apps like Adobe Premier Pro which make use of QuickSync, then you won't be missing anything out anyway.

Everything else is the same. I have the 12700KF.

Caporegime
That is correct. The only other advantage to the iGPU is video transcoding which can offload some tasks from the CPU. But if you don't use apps like Adobe Premier Pro which make use of QuickSync, then you won't be missing anything out anyway.

Everything else is the same. I have the 12700KF.

Thanks. It is quite tempting at £350.

Looking to finally upgrade my i7-8700 with Alder Lake potentially.

Quite like the idea that Raptor Lake will be on the same socket/will keep compatibility with ddr4 as well for a potential upgrade in future. Ive got 64gb of half decent ddr4 ram so likely will be sticking with that for a while still

Man of Honour
Depending on how good Raptor Lake is to this, I may well upgrade CPU this time next year and sell the 12700KF. I mean no reason not to really, not gonna lose much money in the process I'd imagine :D

Caporegime
Do we know when overclockers will have stock of the lower priced Asus boards? The cashback offer looks good, and everywhere seems to have them in stock but OCUK.

Associate
I opted for the i5 from a recommendation from a forum member. Stayed with dd4. Gaming performance is 100% my ram is now stable at 3600. All the jittery stuttering and **** poor performance is long gone. It even runs a lot cooler than my old amd processor! And I havnt even enabled the resizable bar thingy yet. Thumbs up.

Associate
I'm still leaning towards ram being pointless and it needs to go. Better off sticking memory onto the cpu package

Aside from the manufacturing and system logistical issues how would this work from a consumer standpoint.. would you have another line of CPU's for each skew with different amounts of integrated RAM ? To increase RAM you'd need to replace your CPU ?

Back
Top Bottom