Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st November 2021]

Soldato
I hate when people fire out stats like he can’t be poor he’s scored X. Same with Kane whose been garbage this season has something daft like almost 20 goals this season. When they’ve been in Sunday league football and against the literal worst team in international football.
Huh? I didn't disagree that he's been poor, I just pointed out that he still scores a hatful. Then I said that we do need to look to buy

fez

fez

Caporegime

Do we believe that. Honestly, what is different about today from the past 3 games or god knows how many others. Even if we had won today that wouldn't change anything. Hes still an utterly clueless manager whos luck has finally caught up with him. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge could see that he was never good enough after about 3 months of taking the job. I have never seen a manager "learn on the job" and go from utterly substandard to world class and thats what we were hoping Ole would do.

If this is what makes them sack Ole its just as much an indictment on them as it is Ole. Up to a point you can't expect him to admit the job is beyond him and I think he is far too nice to bin off his massively underperforming coaching staff.

Thats another thing. What do we reckon the chances of Ole getting sacked and his backroom team mostly remaining? I wouldn't put anything past us these days.

Soldato
Do we believe that. Honestly, what is different about today from the past 3 games or god knows how many others. Even if we had won today that wouldn't change anything. Hes still an utterly clueless manager whos luck has finally caught up with him. Anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge could see that he was never good enough after about 3 months of taking the job. I have never seen a manager "learn on the job" and go from utterly substandard to world class and thats what we were hoping Ole would do.

If this is what makes them sack Ole its just as much an indictment on them as it is Ole. Up to a point you can't expect him to admit the job is beyond him and I think he is far too nice to bin off his massively underperforming coaching staff.

Thats another thing. What do we reckon the chances of Ole getting sacked and his backroom team mostly remaining? I wouldn't put anything past us these days.
Previously you lost to Liverpool, City and Leicester. You've just been embarrassed by Watford - it's a huge difference.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Previously you lost to Liverpool, City and Leicester. You've just been embarrassed by Watford - it's a huge difference.

We've been embarrassed by almost every team we have played this season, even the ones we have scraped results from. We were utterly battered by Liverpool, City and Leicester which just highlighted the gulf between ourselves and those three teams. That should have been enough. When that didn't get him sacked I don't know what the club though was the benefit in keeping him. Results after that are somewhat by the by.

Soldato
We've been embarrassed by almost every team we have played this season, even the ones we have scraped results from. We were utterly battered by Liverpool, City and Leicester which just highlighted the gulf between ourselves and those three teams. That should have been enough. When that didn't get him sacked I don't know what the club though was the benefit in keeping him. Results after that are somewhat by the by.
I completely agree, he should have been gone months ago. But I'd understand a different reaction to losing to three top 6 sides versus getting thumped by one egg has just been promoted

Back
Top Bottom