Five dead and more than 40 injured including 12 kids as driver mows down Wisconsin Christmas parade

Man of Honour
I've not heard about the "stabbing mission" stuff? That would change things from fleeing the police to perhaps deliberate attack.

He certainly seems to be some very pro BLM, black nationalist type and doesn't like white people etc.. so perhaps it was a terror attack? though fleeing from police is a possible explanation too - albeit you'd expect most people to not simply ram through a parade.

On the long reddit thread it was said he stabbed someone (unrelated to the parade) and as he fled in the SUV he came to the parade. I guess his desire to flee meant he was going through that road no matter what, so he piled through all those people :/

The videos posted you can see various angles and the SUV literally makes a run for it from the left speeding all the way through at one point bouncing up in the air as he runs people under the wheels before it's gone out of sight in the far right of the frame.

Soldato
On the long reddit thread it was said he stabbed someone (unrelated to the parade) and as he fled in the SUV he came to the parade. I guess his desire to flee meant he was going through that road no matter what, so he piled through all those people :/

The videos posted you can see various angles and the SUV literally makes a run for it from the left speeding all the way through at one point bouncing up in the air as he runs people under the wheels before it's gone out of sight in the far right of the frame.
Yeah not going to search that out :(
What a horrible *******.

Soldato
I don't get this. When is a mass murder not terrorism?

Largely depends on the motive.

If as the story is saying that he ran those people over fleeing from the police, then i'm not sure that would be construed as terrorism.

If he turned up at the parade with the sole intention of running over as many people as possible, then i'm sure that would be classed as a terrorist act.

Caporegime

Ah ok, thanks for the additional info. I don't fancy watching too many of the videos of this but that makes sense.

If as the story is saying that he ran those people over fleeing from the police, then i'm not sure that would be construed as terrorism.

If he turned up at the parade with the sole intention of running over as many people as possible, then i'm sure that would be classed as a terrorist act.

Yeah, calls into question the police response too - in the UK (AFAIK) they often need approval to carry on with high-speed pursuits (at least if some of the fly on the wall cop programs are reflective of general UK policing standard operating procedures).

If there is a known large event nearby then chasing a suspect that is driving erratically obvs provides a greater risk to the public - something you'd hope that people in the control room would have awareness of in the UK and be a factor when considering whether to approve the continued pursuit perhaps? US police on the other hand are rather fragmented with multiple state, county and city/town police orgs (some of which can be tiny) and rules/standards etc.. no doubt vary greatly.

It will be interesting I guess to find out how long the pursuit had been going for (if that is indeed the case) and whether or not they stopped the pursuit when it neared the parade.

Soldato
I only got 30 seconds into that then stopped. I think Sargon is a pretty thoughtful guy and seems heavily mischaracterised in the media based on the few videos of his I have watched. But it feels a little early to be making claims about motives. We've just seen a court case where the MSM completely ran off in the wrong direction about the motives of the defendant whether you agree with his actions or not. It's no good for society to report everything on the first available evidence and take no time to digest. It's part of what is driving a hyper polarised political environment.

Soldato
I only got 30 seconds into that then stopped. I think Sargon is a pretty thoughtful guy and seems heavily mischaracterised in the media based on the few videos of his I have watched. But it feels a little early to be making claims about motives. We've just seen a court case where the MSM completely ran off in the wrong direction about the motives of the defendant whether you agree with his actions or not. It's no good for society to report everything on the first available evidence and take no time to digest. It's part of what is driving a hyper polarised political environment.
Literally the 30 sec mark he said its all subject to change as its all new etc. Yes we need to wait for the facts of course though but people will speculate regardless. So far it's looking at least somewhat accurate.

Soldato
Saw the guys social media posts bragging about his child sex trafficking, being a career criminal etc... should have been behind bars already but when you can just pay peanuts to get bailed out time and again...

Soldato
Jesus, the speed he was going. Very surprised there were not more fatalities. I didn't watch any of the graphic videos, just the one with the car coming into the parade vicinity. Horrible.

Caporegime
Police press conference live:

Confirmed as not a terrorist event.
Suspect was fleeing from domestic incident.
The police claim they didn't chase him.

And I now know how to pronounce Waukesha

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Police press conference live:

Confirmed as not a terrorist event.
Suspect was fleeing from domestic incident.
The police claim they didn't chase him.

And I now know how to pronounce Waukesha

Anyone with a basic knowledge of the Chippewa language knows
that it’s pronounced Wah-goo-sha, and means “little fox”.
Not a lot of people know that :cool:

Back
Top Bottom