Artic freeze catches ships by surprise, multiple ships stuxk in ice

Man of Honour
I know that energy prices kind of suck right now, but i really want a cold snowy winter.

I’ve been admonished for telling people like you to go to Minnesota, so I’ll just say I hope you don’t get your wish.

They've been predicting 'snowmaggedon next week' for months!

I saw “snow on the way” in a guy’s paper on a bus today, and thought, ‘great’, whenever a paper predicts snow or more snow it hardly ever materialises.

Associate
I always have to remind people when they conclude that because of 'global warming' and/or 'climate change' they seem to think all colder seasons / cold weather will suddenly stop. It will still be cold at some point in the winter!

Seasons will continue - albeit early or late...however it seems that the weather is becoming more unbalanced and this creates extremes that we have seen around the world.

Global warming - the global temperature rises by X degrees Celsius over a short period of time.

Climate is the average weather over time - it is not one season or a single year. Our climate may well be different in 10, 25 or 50 years.

Man of Honour
Not actually completely unexpected - few commentators did say for a few weeks now rapid freezing was on the table for Barents and Kara, etc. etc.

Soldato
We were talking about the "Express Apocalypse" earlier today. Upcoming soon will be ...
UK to be HIT by arctic conditions
blah blah blah
snow and freezing temps expected on the mountain peaks of the Scottish highlands.

Welsh mountain peaks as well.

Thas it, we're doomed. The preppers were right afterall. Repent, repent!

Soldato
I’ve been admonished for telling people like you to go to Minnesota, so I’ll just say I hope you don’t get your wish.
If people wish for a hot/sunny summer, do you by any chance tell them to move to country by the Equator?

Clearly there is more to your extreme displeasure of the cold than you are letting on. Care to share?

Man of Honour
If people wish for a hot/sunny summer, do you by any chance tell them to move to country by the Equator?

Clearly there is more to your extreme displeasure of the cold than you are letting on. Care to share?

What are you, an amateur shrink?
What more could there be other than feeling discomfort when cold?
I really don’t like feeling cold, it’s that simple, and being that way, if someone says that they long for snow, ice, and having to turn the house lights on at 15.45 I involuntarily shiver at the thought and think, ‘Get yourself to Montréal at New Year’s and knock yourself out.’
If people wish for hot sunny weather they don’t need me telling them what to do, they’re probably on the same Tampa FL bound plane that I’m on.

Back
Top Bottom