• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Associate
You got that the wrong way around, the made in Vietnam chips have higher SP values than the China ones

My 12900K is from China, with a SP of 95 (Big SP 107, Small SP 73). So either I've been incredibly lucky, or the CPUs from Vietnam are insanely good. :D

Soldato
I'm currently flip-flopping between a 12900k build and a 5900X, out of interest what motherboards did you go for? I chose the 'middle' option of the ROG Z690-F Gaming Wifi, I couldn't be bothered to compare it with the hero which cost a fair bit more. I also went for 5200 ram as I rightly or wrongly assumed it would be better than the slower option. Looking to pair with a 3080 TI most likely unless I somehow convince myself a 3090 is worth the extra.

Associate
DPD turns up to deliver my CPU from OCUK, He can't find it in the van and drives off!. I am now in limbo with a delayed Email message from DPD with no idea wtf is happening or what has happened to my order.

To say I'm ****** is an understatement.

Associate
DPD turns up to deliver my CPU from OCUK, He can't find it in the van and drives off!. I am now in limbo with a delayed Email message from DPD with no idea wtf is happening or what has happened to my order.

To say I'm ****** is an understatement.

At least you had an attempt. My parcel was last recorded by DPD on the 18th and no updates since.

Man of Honour
OP
Worth a watch, Board Lives Matter springs to mind :p

The fact that Asus were shipping to retail channels boards with BIOS versions that were never supposed to leave internal lab testing is eyebrow raising.

Soldato
Hah that will be fun, just remember we don't use jumpers any more to set FSBs and RAM clocks etc :D

Lol

I still remember the first PC I built, the case came with one of those "Turbo" buttons with a corresponding LED panel that I had to set from 33 to a lower figure I've long since forgotten.

I kid you not, with the array of jumpers on the backside of that panel, it took me longer to get the right display than it did to assemble the whole PC!

Back
Top Bottom